Did you keep all your old homework?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom moved after my dad passed away. There was a bunch of stuff in my bedroom closet that I figured if it wasn't important enough to take with me when I moved out, then just chuck it.

My old bedroom is now the "playroom" for when the grandkids get shipped there for a week or two during the summer.

my room became the computer room while I was in college. After school Mom tubbed up all my stuff and said here you go. Although she hasn't done the same thing to my sister...

I have kept only my textbooks form college. All notes, exams, paperwork is long gone...

I still have all my notes, not that I ever use them. I paid a lot of money for that information!

I chucked most of that years ago. I still stumble across some of my papers and reports every now and then. Still have a handful of the more useful textbooks as well.

I still find some of my old files on the computer. Every once in a while I will go looking for a spreadsheet and end up getting lost in the files I saved from school. I don't even remember writing most of them...

I still find some of my old files on the computer. Every once in a while I will go looking for a spreadsheet and end up getting lost in the files I saved from school. I don't even remember writing most of them...

I didn't even remember writing most of them while in the process of writing them! There's a lot of Natty Light and PBR responsible for most of that.

We got a new office desk for the house this week, so I had to clean up my cave a little. Surprisingly, I found a box of my old homework. I graduated Magna Cum Laude, but there was an awfully lot of red marks and grades in the 70's in that box. Kind of depressing. I know this is going to sound crazy, but we watched the Challenger documentary on the science channel last night. When they showed the prof teaching a large class of students, I reminisced fondly of the few times I got to take a class that I wanted to take with, a teacher that was good at teaching. Those were few and far between, but I sat there last night and wished I could go do that again. Not full time mind you, but to sit under someone that could speak well, about something I cared about and I actually learn something when the class is over. Those were the days.

Some of my grad school courses are that way. With some of the older professors. Really enjoying the content and the lectures of those as it relates to my current employment. Always nice to have the be the driving force.

I had a good many professors that were WWII vets or refugees from NASA after the post Apollo purge. They were awesome teachers, and interesting.

Towards the end, the university was moving towards foreign grad students 'teaching' classes, as the older guys retired. I was not impressed.

If you were in Engineering school now, you'd be hard pressed to find a professor that speaks English as their primary language.

It was getting that way back in the late eighties. We got a lot of Korean and Chinese folks teaching back then.

And grad school was full of Indians and Pakistanis, but they never taught anything.

If you were in Engineering school now in the late 90's, you'd be hard pressed to find a professor that speaks English as their primary language.

fixted 1

It was getting that way back in the late eighties nineties. We got a lot of Korean and Chinese folks teaching back then.

And grad school was is full of Indians and Pakistanis, but they never taught anything.

fixted a-gin.

I've pulled out textbooks, but never homework. Last night I found a box full of PE-prep stuff. I came to a few minutes later, curled in a ball, rocking back and forth.

That's how it was with me and thermogodammits.

Back