Dictionary of electrical terms

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdscottPE

Reaction score
Any thoughts on taking a dictionary to the exam?

I have looked in vain for a copy of The IEEE Standard Dictionary of Electrical and Electronics Terms (std 100) which I thought I could get through work.

The problem is when I run up on something completely unfamiliar and don't know where to start in my better references. I have good books, but the indecies are terrible.

I have an engineering dictionary that I took to the civil exam which covers all kinds of crazy stuff, but it is too broad.

I bought a book On line called Dictionary of Electrical and Computer Engineering. I did not use it during the test, but it made me feel better prepared

I have the standard handbook for electrical engineers. Got it on eBay and it covers alot

Is the "standard handbook" by Beatty? I may have that one in my office. I inherited it and haven't thought to look through it.

Yes it is. It isn't something I would reference but would take because of its vast assortment of material

Back