CT PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JasonT33

I first applied to take the CT PE exam in October 2004. Unfortunately I did not pass. I decided I was going to wait a bit to take this exam again and I did so in April 2006. I passed.

I was going through the CT regs and came across this.

"A candidate failing an examination will, upon receipt of the appropriate fee, be listed for re-examination at the regularly scheduled examination held within 13 months of the original exam."

Well the second time I took the exam, it exceeded the 13 months as descibed above. Does anyone think this will be an issue? I dont know why the State let me take the exam. The exam organization said they check with the State to make sure you are qualified to sit for the exam.

Also, one more issue. I passed the EIT exam on April 20, 1996. According to CT regs, "A license as an EIT shall remain valid for a period of 10 years from the date upon which the applicant's first such license was issued by any state toward meeting in part the requirements in professional engineering"

Well, I passed the PE exam which was issued on April 21, 2006. One day after the 10 year requirement. Does this requirement only hold for when the application was submitted or when all requirements have been met. Like I said before I applied for the October PE exam in 2004 for the first time and April 2006 for the second time.

Any thoughts? I dont want to call the State and ask because I dont want them to realize something they may have looked over and deny me a license.

With the 13 month deal, I would say that is the limit for a re-apply for the test. With my state, if you re-apply within a certain amount of time, you dont have to go thru the reference, work experience, transcript garbage. On the EIT, I wouldn't ask if you already got your stuff. You were only a day over and I would think if it was a big deal they wouldn't have approved you for the test.

By the way :wel

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the feedback

Well when I sat the second time for the exam, I didnt have to submit a new application or anything. I simply went to the examination website and gave them my social security number and they pulled up info from the October 2004 exam. I paid the examination fee and received my ticket to sit for the April 2006 exam.

After reading further in the regs, the State indicated that you should sit for the next scheduled exam (which would have been April 2005) unless you request in writing for a postponement.

It seems to me you should be okay, but if they give you a hard time I would raise heck. These are their convoluted rules, and if they think you shouldn't be taking the test they should weed you out before you pass it. My $.02.

I wouldnt ask anything at this point.

Did they already tell you you passed?

"its always easier to get forgiveness than permission"

Yes I received notification from the examination service that I passed. Letter was dated June 27th. The letter said that the exam results will be forwarded to the State and the State will then process the PE stuff within 65 days. I havent heard anything from the State at all yet, just the examination service.

Sounds like you're screwed!! :D

Nah, I'm sure it's gonna be fine. Just some technicalities the guy at the state stuffing your envelope probably doesn't even know exists.

They wouldn't have let you sit for the exam if there was a problem.

Hahahaha... well you have no idea the stress I have lately. I have emailed the State a few times inquiring about when I can expect my certificate. No answer.. what a shocker.

The wait is killing me

No, this is a "shocker".

shocker.jpg

Awesome... that made my day. Thanks for the laugh...

Dealing with Toll Brothers all day is enough to make someone commit suicide

Latest posts

Back