Coworker Stories

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudgey

Master of Disaster
Reaction score
I figuredwe are stuck with them, like it or not, for 40 hours a week for years at a time. Eventually, they are bound to do something that makes for a fun story. Here's one from my current position.

The following is not about a poo experience of mine but that of one of my co-worker's. The best part of it all is he never knew what I witnessed. This is my story:

I work at our company's sale department. Usually I'm on the road, but I was spending a couple weeks at the main office catching up on paperwork, meetings, etc. We were looking for some help a few months back and ended up hiring Dennis, a Filipino guy in his forties. He seemed like a nice enough person, but we soon realized that he was a little rough around the edges. He didn't follow practical strategies that we knew were best and seemed to do things his own way, whether they were best practice and went with company policy or not. He showed up and did his job for the most part, so at least there's that, but his work ethics don't really have much to do with the story at hand.

Dennis, being of foreign nationality, had eating habits that were, well, different at best. He rarely, if ever, ate with us or ate food that I considered typical everyday workplace food. He would bring his own lunch most of the time and eat at his desk. The microwave was pretty close to us and it became an almost daily event that I would smell some kind of foreign, re-heated leftover treat that our cohort had cooked the night before. I hope it was only the night before.

Perhaps the length of time that Dennis left his leftovers in the hanging around predisposed him to the encounter I had in the can that afternoon.

On this particular day Dennis had brought in what looked like some kind of kielbasa sausage leftovers plate with a generous portion of veggies. I think the veggies were just a pile of chopped onions with green, yellow, and red peppers. The link of sausage was probably a foot in length, and it was pungent and bright red. I took no interest in watching him eat this, nor would I have on any other occasion. It's a matter of what I witnessed that made me remember the facts as I was to share this story with my co-workers. I hope this doesn't make me a jerk.

I didn't know whether or not Dennis ate everything that he heated up that day, but I do know that he was in the bathroom and not doing well within an hour or so after his lunch.

I went into the bathroom to take a number two myself but had to re-assess my bowel situation - for what I walked into was nothing short of pure office shitting dramatics at their peak.

I heard what I thought to be heavy breathing and moans from the first of three stalls and stopped dead in my tracks as if I were frozen in time. It sounded a bit like two badgers screwing. I used the urinal so it wouldn't be too obvious that I was leaving because someone else was defiling the facilities. Whoever it was that was in the stall had no shame whatsoever as he was asking the lord, "Why? Why, Jesus?" And even though I began to feel uncomfortable being witness to this poor man's pain, I had to know more.

I washed my hands and then opened the door and let it close, yet I never vacated the premises. Instead, I quietly inched my way into a better spot where the audio would be clearer. Would it have been weird if someone else came in to see that I was leaning toward the stalls, obviously listening to this man's defecation? Yes. But it was worth it. It wasn't even a question at that point.

"Why? Why's it so Greeeeeeeen?" Moaning and heavy broken breathing.

"Why's it so Haaaaard?"

"Oh Jesus!" :holyness:

Is this Dennis, I wondered to myself? :dunno: Holy crap, it was Dennis. :th_rockon: I immediately realized I had to share this story with my co-workers. :gathering: I didn't let the excitement of that realization overcome me, though, because I also I needed to make sure that it was him and that my facts were straight.

Dennis continued to struggle with his mighty loaf. :mf_pain: I envisioned his pants and tightie whities around his ankles, yet with his legs locked in a straight position horizontal with the floor. His five foot three inch frame would be contorting and awkwardly mantled on the porcelain monument he was claiming as his for that moment.

I knew that our relationship would not be the same if he were to flush and find me standing there in awe, so I crept silently away and went back to our area. I made sure he was not in his cubical - which he wasn't - and saw his plate in front of his keyboard about three-quarters of the way consumed. He had been in the facilities quite a while apparently.

As I told what I'd seen to a buddy at work, Dennis walked in. He had a fake smile on his face and definitely walked with what I assumed were numb legs and a hell of a cramped-up sphincter. He avoided us most of the day and made several more trips to the bathroom. To this day, I've never seen the red sausage again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we have an Elevator Flatulator stalking the halls somewhere in my company. It has happened not once to me, but TWICE, where I needed to ascend to a higher floor and stepped innocently in to the waiting empty elevator car, only to have my olfactory assaulted by the pungent and horrid smell of gastric toxicity just as the doors closed, sealing me in to my gruesome fate. As if it weren't bad enough that some ass-vaporator laid the noxious trap before stepping off and sending the putrid atmosphere downtown, I am now sure to be falsely accused of being that very same evil-ass-monster should anyone be waiting to enter at the floor I depart on. Any statements of denial issued to the hapless entrants would only come across as a greater confession of guilt.

:fart:

The first time it happened was a lonely nightmare of rotten putricity. The second time, I was fortunate enough to have a tandem rider so that we could each look the other in the eye and know we were both innocent of wrongdoing. But as that person departed on the next floor, I realized once again that I was now riding solo and in grave danger of being falsely accused as the Elev-Fluffer, so I hastily pushed the button for the very next floor in hope that I would quickly escape, protected by the randomness of choosing a mystery floor. Safe I was - this time - but that beast is still out there, stalking the innocent and waiting to strike again.

:mf_followthroughfart:

Perhaps his serial cruelty will cause him to one day accidentally expose himself (or herself!).

I don't think he was allowed to finish. I wasn't the one who caught him. I think he left the company after that because of the embarassment. I've never seen him since then.

Probably. You know how it is. I hear a lot of potential clients are closing down for a week each month. They must be bleeding pretty bad to lock everyone out like that for such a long time.

The situation is grim. I was talking with one woman recently who indicated this problem is likely to persist for another 25-30 years.

My client doesn't have this problem at all. The problem is my client is only open for about 5 minutes every few weeks. A lot of times they don't post their hours so I miss my shot and then I'm shut out of the office for another 3 weeks.

Well, I'm in Denver. So it's probably safe to say we don't have the same client. Perhaps they are branch offices of the same Corporate structure?

Well, I'm in Denver. So it's probably safe to say we don't have the same client. Perhaps they are branch offices of the same Corporate structure?

I'm pretty sure that's the case with all of our clients. The only one that I know of that works for a client with a different corporate structure is Dleg. From what he has said, his client is always welcoming.

I noticed a pile of human poop on the sidewalk next to our building the other day. I hope it was a homeless person and not one of my coworkers.

Latest posts

Back