COVID-19

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven’t gotten anything... I’m sure I will, but I would’ve figured it was one auto-mass email. 

Well saw this coming ...

My office went from suggesting we stay home to basically ordering us to stay home for are least 4 to 6 weeks. 

Anyone who already received the cancelation email have their dashboard updated? Mine hasn't switched over... Already canceled my hotel rsvp.... :(

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 9.47.59 AM.png

My dashboard is updated, back to the big red unacceptable.

I asked about refunds...we'll be getting our exam fees back within 30 days. I still haven't gotten an email about the cancellation, so I don't know if the emails you guys are getting mentioned refunds.

image.png

My Dashboard only shows my PE exam now... I actually still never got an official email saying the exam was cancelled.  Any chance you had to deal with continental testing too?  I wonder if they're issuing refunds too?

My Dashboard only shows my PE exam now... I actually still never got an official email saying the exam was cancelled.  Any chance you had to deal with continental testing too?  I wonder if they're issuing refunds too?
Nope, never heard of continental...I've only dealt with NCEES and South Carolina's licensing board.  Still no email telling me its cancelled.  If it wasn't for this board, I'd still be planning on showing up to the test site in a few weeks.

I had to submit an application with Continental Testing for Illinois. I did not contact either the IL board or continental yet. Will do after a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
For fellow IL takers, I contacted CTS.

In light of the April 2020 NCEES examinations being cancelled, it is our understanding that all approved applicants will be refunded by NCEES. The fee that applicants have paid here to Continental Testing Services will be honored for the October examination instead. Applicants will only need to reapply to NCEES for the October examination in order to be approved.

****, it's hard to sink 200-300 hours into studying while it's not certain the exam will happen -_-;;;;

****, it's hard to sink 200-300 hours into studying while it's not certain the exam will happen -_-;;;;
Yes it is. We can only hope certain people come to their senses and do something about it. I don't think we can afford another lock down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not agree. lmao
Lol.  Slight exaggeration...but if I have to take it next year I'll be studying with our first baby in the house.  Given the choice of peaceful studying and hazmat suit or studying with a baby and zero sleep...its close.  Either way, best case is they give everyone at the exam center their own table and jug of hand sanitizer and require masks and let us take it this october.

Back