Countdown to Batman v Superman

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

According to NDGT, only way Batman can beat Superman is by using the social aspect of things (courts, media, public opinion, etc).

If we are getting so off topic, I'll throw my hat into the ring:

im-iron-man.jpg

That's it, Neil DePussee Tyson is off my list forever.  He is dead to me now.

He just wasted 00:1:50 of my life explaining why - in a two-dimensional realm with linear thinking - Superman beats Batman.  Nice work there, moron.

We do not live in a two dimensional world, we live in a three dimensional world with multivariable contingencies, and in THAT world, the 3D-guy beats the 2D-guy every time, because the 2D-guy has no idea what's coming.  Linear thinking versus multivariable thinking.  I'll explain:

Superman logic: (A)Problem or (B)Not-a-Problem? If (A), can I use my superstrength to solve it?

Batman logic: If (A) and (B) and (C) times (D), then I might have to kick Superman's ass one day, so I better figure out (X), (Y), and (Z) now to make that happen when the time comes.  Now let me go kick Joker's ass.

Advantage: Batman

Did you not watch the whole thing?  He does layout how Batman can beat Superman and it goes beyond just the physical. He thinks Batman can win.

00:32: - "Superman would wipe his butt with Batman."

neil2fixed.png

(EDIT: dang, I seem to have lost my mojo when it comes to posting images.  Maybe it's just my browser, but this brilliant image isn't showing up for me)

(EDIT EDIT:  YAY, fixed it.  See below to find out why K1F3 is awsm, even if he doesn't admit that there is a 100% chance that Batman kicks Superman's assbergers.)

Last edited by a moderator:
00:32: - "Superman would wipe his butt with Batman."

http://whotfetw.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/neil2fixed.png[/img]

(EDIT: dang, I seem to have lost my mojo when it comes to posting images.  Maybe it's just my browser, but this brilliant image isn't showing up for me)
Don't use the source code tags anymore (i.e. img & /img).  The new interface does it for you.  Use the below method:

Untitled.png

For the record, not sure which Superman movies you have been watching, but going against Lex Luthor, one cannot be a 2D thinker.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ ha ha.  Kevin Spacey as LL was about the only good thing about that particular SM movie. 

The DC animated Batman vs Superman kicked ass (The Dark Knight Returns - 3 freaking hours in HD on bluray.  3 awesome hours.).

Kind of less-than kid friendly, though, as I learned the hard way. 

The DC animated Batman vs Superman kicked ass (The Dark Knight Returns - 3 freaking hours in HD on bluray.  3 awesome hours.).

Agree. It was really good.

By the way, Superman was still standing but only because Batman allowed it. As he said, he spent 10 years looking for a good death. Meaning he planned that for 10 years. How about that? That and when Oliver asks about the "school boy" Bruce replies..."He got the message loud and clear".

Advantage and VICTORY!!!!: Batman, The Dark Knight!!!!!

Cool, was this the pseudo-animated page-through of the Frank Miller DK series? I think I saw one of those with the "Year-One" series and it was okay, but pretty much just like flipping through the comic. Cool if you haven't seen it, but not so much if you have it in the comic box in the closet.

It was completely animated, very well done, based on the Frank Miller story.  3.5 hours total.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  Pick a night where you can watch the whole thing, turn the lights down, grab some beers, and enjoy...

Cool, the reviews for it are pretty good.  I will put it on my list.

Even though I know how the Frank Miller version ends.

And I assure you, it DOES NOT end with Superman kicking Batman's ashbucket!

Back