Corona with Lime

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryannette

Wise One
Reaction score
I have aquired a taste for Corona with lime. My daughter thought that she would take the short cut and get Bud Light with lime flavor. UUUUUGH!!!!

A friend got me hooked. I'm not a beer-drinker, so the fresh taste was appealing.

Fresh? We always referred this to carbonated Mexican Piss in a bottle while back in my hay day (no offense meant to any Mexicans who have pissed in a bottle) I guess that's cause I grew up where imported beers from the northern neighbor were at domestic prices and were double the alcohol... and we couldn't afford them so we drank Natural Ice and Busch... taste doesn't matter when your taste buds think that's beer...

I always say "how good can a beer be when you have to put fruit in it just to make it palatable."

Mary: I'll bet as soon as that 12 pack of Corona is dead those bud lights are looking pretty tasty.

What did the proctologist say to the nurse who handed him a beer?

"No nurse, I said a butt-light."

I once had a micro-brew that was served with an orange slice.... yumm, alcoholic fruit. seriously though, beer itself is an aquired taste... start with Corona, rolling rock and the like and eventually you'll be drinking enough bass and guiness to put some hair on your chest! YUM Bass...oohhhh a black and tan!

eventually you'll be drinking enough bass and guiness to put some hair on your chest! YUM Bass...oohhhh a black and tan!
I remember when Jimmy Kimmel & Adam Carolla did that on the Man Show, they put all this fake chest hair all over this beautiful chick, and staged her in Mardi Gras. then they filmed guys reactions on the street when they threw her beads only to recieve a glimpse of some very hairy zoomers!

anywho, i like your taste in beer. . .. too bad most bartenders (in my city) aren't worth a shit to pull off making that black & tan, if they even have the Bass on tap - I've been heavy into IPA's lately - talk about an acquired taste, absolutely lovin them lately.

Irish car bomb...???... oh nevermind I got excited. The beer in the south is sorely lacking... what is this thing called Yingling? Although beer is beer be it a strawberry blond, and India Pale ale or Corona... my tastes have changed since I no longer live where Saranac and Utica Club (HA HA??!!??) is brewed... but what I wouldn't give for a TRUE Blue or Molson... even the US version with the 7% alcohol.... with out having to pay $12 for a 6 pack.

Sorry don't mean to be a topic snatcher... btw, corona ain't THAT bad after a 12 pack....

but what I wouldn't give for a TRUE Blue or Molson... even the US version with the 7% alcohol.... with out having to pay $12 for a 6 pack.
Well, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, because I haven't touched that crap in ages... Molson Canadian and Labattl's Blue are your basic domestic swill up here used for getting shit-faced on the cheap... Well, there are cheaper brands of swill, but at least those two give you free crap when you buy their 18 packs and what not... You will find many a drunken frat boy wearing a Molson t-shirt he got with his case of beer.

For myself, I like the bitter beers and enjoy trying out the microbrews.

As for a black and tan... I haven't had that for ages, I wonder if I can find a pub here that knows how to do one....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, because I haven't touched that crap in ages... Molson Canadian and Labattl's Blue are your basic domestic swill up here used for getting shit-faced on the cheap... Well, there are cheaper brands of swill, but at least those two give you free crap when you buy their 18 packs and what not... You will find many a drunken frat boy wearing a Molson t-shirt he got with his case of beer.
For myself, I like the bitter beers and enjoy trying out the microbrews.

As for a black and tan... I haven't had that for ages, I wonder if I can find a pub here that knows how to do one....
HA HA... okay so if northern American's think the "crappy Canadian" beer is great, and the southern American's think that the "northern American's" beer is great, then WHERE DOES CORONA FALL?

btw- I never got any free t-shirts or give aways with my Molson... I guess I got jipped, Although, where I was living, Zima and the Bacardi crap was thrown out into the bar crowds all the time... I wonder if I still have that flashing pair of sunglasses that I got when the Bacardi O came out on 03/03/03. I still say that an Irish pub beer is the way to go.

I havent tried the bud light with lime, but I did acquire a taste for the Miller Chill, mostly when were at the lake. The wife drinks corona, I can drink one or two but thats about it. We bought a blender that runs off the cig lighter in the boat, fresh marquritas on the lake are pretty good, especially if the kids are at grandmas...

I always get my friends that hate beer to start on ciders and then move to hefes. It's a goodplace to stop too if it's not your thing- traditionally (at least in the US) hefes are served with an orange (or a lemon- just ask for whatever you want). I don't like them that way but you can always add enough of them to mask the taste til you like it. Pyramid is a good place to start- their Apricot is a good "starter" beer too. :)

I had a few margaritas earlier .... :winko:
Note to Mary ... stick with tequila/margarita ... better than piss in a bottle! :2cents:

JR
I just almost spit my coffee out.

I don't drink much any more. I drink wine occasionally. I drink a beer less frequently. I don't remember the last time I had a marguarita. A couple of weeks ago, we were at a friend's house on the water, cooking out, drinking PIAB w/lime. I had several and let them talk me into going tubing (behind the boat). I had a great time that day. And if I want a Corona with lime, I will drink it regardless of the reputation. I guess 50-year old taste buds are different. :)

Back