Corona Spam Thread??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I don't consider myself a coffee snob. Like I'll drink most coffee as long as it tastes like coffee. So not just sweetner, milk, burnt, etc.

I almost exclusively use this small cup coffee maker from Mr Coffee (makes 8-16oz of coffee with a basket filter) or the Kuerig at work (with a reusable pod). 

I only sometimes make french press coffee because I hate cleaning the thing after and since Boyfriend doesn't drink coffee, it's too much [I'm too lazy to figure out the ratio to make less than a full carafe lol]. 

But when I make french press coffee, the coffee like separates... 

Why does it do this?

20200325_134701.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I don't consider myself a coffee snob. Like I'll drink most coffee as long as it tastes like coffee. So not just sweetner, milk, burnt, etc.

I almost exclusively use this small cup coffee maker from Mr Coffee (makes 8-16oz of coffee with a basket filter) or the Kuerig at work (with a reusable pod). 

I only sometimes make french press coffee because I hate cleaning the thing after and since Boyfriend doesn't drink coffee, it's too much [I'm too lazy to figure out the ratio to make less than a full carafe lol]. 

But when I make french press coffee, the coffee like separates... 

Why does it do this?
That's not separation, that's just the super fines from the coffee grounds that don't get filtered out by the metal filter on a french press. If you wanted to eliminate those you would need to pour your brewed french press through a regular coffee filter.

That's not separation, that's just the super fines from the coffee grounds that don't get filtered out by the metal filter on a french press. If you wanted to eliminate those you would need to pour your brewed french press through a regular coffee filter.
Thank you!

so I'm just gonna continue dealing with it then since I don't have coffee filters lol 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back