Corner-Grounded Delta System Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is really just by observation you can see. Good question to ask for cram for the Pe Vol V!
But now think about the line currents. Anyone can guess what they look like?
Are we going to have line current through the 2 grounded phases and a phase current through the delta phase ungrounded?

Shouldn't it e 13.2KV or am I missing something?

Also, it might be helpful to add letters so it's easer to understand what voltages are shown in the graph.
Yes you are correct. I put 13.8 instead of 13.2. I just fixed the typo.

Hello,

I am trying to analyze the above figure from Cram for the PE, which was very helpful, but I am trying to apply formulas provided from the first post,

Vag = Vab - Vbg (etc)

If I were to apply the formula to the above problem I am struggling to see how to plug in the numbers to match the number provided here,
1624928715382.png
If there is any further explanation or drawing I would greatly appreciate the thelp.

Hello,

I am trying to analyze the above figure from Cram for the PE, which was very helpful, but I am trying to apply formulas provided from the first post,

Vag = Vab - Vbg (etc)

If I were to apply the formula to the above problem I am struggling to see how to plug in the numbers to match the number provided here,
View attachment 22973
If there is any further explanation or drawing I would greatly appreciate the thelp.
Actually spent more time reviewing this figure. I understand it now. Thanks so much for making this!

Back