Completed something that was put off for a while?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heck. that doesn't look bad at all. Up here that car would have at least half of the doors completely eaten away from corrosion.

heck. that doesn't look bad at all. Up here that car would have at least half of the doors completely eaten away from corrosion.

It's amazing how different the interpretation of "solid" can be between people that live(d) in New England, and those that live down south.

Sounds like a fun project... as all old VW's are considered projects. I don't know what year your block was made, but my dad was foolin' with his a few months ago and discovered that one of the original 8 mm studs was pulling out of the block. Need to pull it apart again to install case savers. ugh

So I decided to flush the coolant system in the Imp since the heater core has been clogged for a few years. The last time I did this was about... ohhhhhh... 6 years ago and it was green. Drained everything I easily could and it was all brown with rust. Rust flakes were abundant. Refilled everything, bled the system and, voila! HEAT! Knowing this wasn't going to last long, I went for a ride to loosen up any other crud in the system. After 10 minutes, the heat died. F'ing heater core got plugged too quickly.

So now, it looks like I'll do a repeat of this a few more times. Eventually, everything will get cleaned. Eventually...

and cars don't drain your wallet nearly as much as kids do.

So I decided to flush the coolant system in the Imp since the heater core has been clogged for a few years. The last time I did this was about... ohhhhhh... 6 years ago and it was green. Drained everything I easily could and it was all brown with rust. Rust flakes were abundant. Refilled everything, bled the system and, voila! HEAT! Knowing this wasn't going to last long, I went for a ride to loosen up any other crud in the system. After 10 minutes, the heat died. F'ing heater core got plugged too quickly.
So now, it looks like I'll do a repeat of this a few more times. Eventually, everything will get cleaned. Eventually...
You have an Imp??? Now I KNOW there's something wrong with you!

;)

damn mice.

but really, we have had both cars, i just thought the boss was a little closer to completion...my better half says no, so this is THE PROJECT now instead

it's getting resto-mod treatment, replacing the aftermarket 302 it had in it with a 5.0L.

Back