COME ON CA!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or release the results to the one's who have had there finger prints done....that way everyone will run to get em done!!

Yes , there is further problem of people out of state having to mail in their finger prints and waiting for mail to arrive .... BIG mess .. nothing to see here folks !
I guess I do not understand why the finger prints matter.  How is not having finger prints any different than people choosing to put off the Seismic/Surveying portions of the test?  Or the Ethics test?  They managed to deal with test takers not having those in in previous years.

I just called the board. They said the reason for delay is not because of the finger pint thing. They just have their process to go through and we will get the results before Christmas.  

This is puzzling to me.  It should be decoupled similar to people who have passed the National and State Exams but not yet completed (or passed) the take home examination.  The can still get their test results, just not apply for a license.  Seems like the fingerprinting should be similarly separate.
Exactly!!!!

I just called the board. They said the reason for delay is not because of the finger pint thing. They just have their process to go through and we will get the results before Christmas.  
Right , ask them what "the process" is . CA dropped the ball on the finger print this time and should have required it at the application stage . It is now a "HUGE" mess.

Yes , there is further problem of people out of state having to mail in their finger prints and waiting for mail to arrive .... BIG mess .. nothing to see here folks !
The dumbest part is that my local PD has livescan and SECURELY send my prints to the CA Board, but because of some clause or another in the way the law was written (I'm sure), I can only submit inked prints via snail-mail...

In other news... I got my prints done yesterday! (so we can now all expect to get our results today).

Yeah right.

Right , ask them what "the process" is . CA dropped the ball on the finger print this time and should have required it at the application stage . It is now a "HUGE" mess.
Not having fingerprints done will only delay them issuing your license, not releasing results. 

If it is true that they have to wait for everyone who took the exam to get fingerprinted before the release results, there is no way they are releasing before Christmas. Out of state fingerprints take months. I have a hard time believing that is the hold up.

If it is true that they have to wait for everyone who took the exam to get fingerprinted before the release results, there is no way they are releasing before Christmas. Out of state fingerprints take months. I have a hard time believing that is the hold up.
I'm never planning to get my fingers printed. I only took the exam in CA to expedite my AK licensing process. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is doing/has done this. There's no way the fingerprinting is holding up the show.

Why was I being lectured yesterday as "being impatient" when it's clear there's a massive problem here that only President Trump can solve? Unbelievable.

I just talked to a friend who knows a friend of a friend who has a cousin who shops at the same grocery store as someone who works for the board and they said the hold-up is that this is all conjecture and no one really knows what's going on.

I don't know what " the process" but they clearly said it's not due to the finger print.................

Just got off the phone with guy in CA who releases the results . He said expect something next week "before Christmas" . He reiterated lot of people have not submitted finger prints and it is delaying the licensing process . California has received results from NCEES but will not release them unless they update their database .They are in the process of doing so but this is being held up due to missing fingerprints (!)

Right now in my opinion this is a mess . Lot and I mean a lot of finger prints have not been submitted .

I would not expect results before next week at the rate this is going . I think we will be lucky if we get it before Christmas .

So something sounds fishy here. Both of you talked with the board. And you're both saying different things?

Back