College Basketball Thread 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF? How can anyone not like college basketball??? Outside of the NFL its the only sports season I can follow from beginning to end without getting bored.

College football is at this level: ------------

Everything else down here: -------------------------------

Yeah, the Tyson Chicken Gizzards Bowl is great fun. Nothing like a rip roaring contest between 2-8 ITT Tech and 4-6 University of Phoenix Online.
It depends on the line. If I can get ITT +7.5 then I'm taking the points and watching from start to finish.

Seriously though, I can watch most of the bowls.

It's tough for me to get too excited about college hoops in November / December because the top teams then are rarely the best when it matters.

There are always teams like Syracuse that start the regular season 12-0 with twelve straight cupcake home games. It's tough to learn much from those.

The only interest I have in college b-ball outside of the tournament is the joy I get from Ohio State beating SEC teams.
Just cuz THE ohio state can't cut it with the SEC in football, that's no reason to beat us up on a sport we consider a hobby.

I bet THE Ohio State could have some even better players if they paid them like the SEC does. :p
"Do you think Shaq got rich playing in Orlando?"

While all you football college guys are trash talking about maybe a second place finish, let me say....the one thing we do in the heart of Carolina BETTER than anyone else in the world is college basketball!

AND, this year looks to be one of the best in recent memories...see, I'm an NC STATE fan, and even though they may have made the most amazing run to a title in 1983, we appeared to have used about 30 years of luck up on that one run. This year the pack has some new young talent, and if the coach (who was the point guard on that 83 team) has learned ANYTHING about coaching over the past 4 years can pull anything together, it just may be the year we're not whipping boys for Duke and UNC.....

So let the fun begin! and good luck to the rest of you all on the runner up challenges.

Louisville hung 100 on Chattanooga last night. It was good to see them finally blow somebody out. They struggled to beat Jackson State.

UConn jumped from unranked to...HOLY SHIT, 7th after beating Michigan State (then ranked #2) and Kentucky (then ranked #9). I watched the Kentucky game and UConn outplayed them in every way imaginable.

Big East is going to be rough this year. Pitt, Cuse, Villanova, UConn, G-Town and Notre Dame all in the Top 25. Two Big BEast teams are at 26th and 27th ( :wv: and L'ville, respectively).

Last edited by a moderator:
UConn jumped from unranked to...HOLY SHIT, 7th after beating Michigan State (then ranked #2) and Kentucky (then ranked #9). I watched the Kentucky game and UConn outplayed them in every way imaginable.
Big East is going to be rough this year. Pitt, Cuse, Villanova, UConn, G-Town and Notre Dame all in the Top 25. Two Big BEast teams are at 26th and 27th :) :wv: : and L'ville, respectively).
I really thought that L'ville would hop up to 25th or so after they beat Butler. They aren't really that great, but they have a knack for winning big games. Hopefully L'ville can beat Kentucky on New Year's Eve.

Went to The Bucket (KFC Yum Center) to watch Louisville play Marshall. Sister in law had good seats at Freedom Hall, new arena not so much (section 325 I believe) I thought staff would be treated better. Felt a little nausaus during team warmups but once the game started it went away. I definitely like the new arena better (if I could get better seats) and getting out seemed easier than Freedom Hall.

Won't know much about Louisville until they play Kentucky New Years Eve, but considering they lost to Western Carolina last year I think they are looking better right now.

Can't wait to see Dieng develop and play against some competition, but a little worried that Justice is playing better than Siva and Preston is still thinking he needs to score 15 a game.

Can't wait to see Dieng develop and play against some competition, but a little worried that Justice is playing better than Siva and Preston is still thinking he needs to score 15 a game.
Knowles is the best pure shooter I have ever seen play for Louisville. If the offense can get him an open shot, he's almost automatic. I absolutely hate the way Siva plays. He's a hotshot that is way too quick to take a shot, even if it is well defended and he is off balance. Sosa was like that too, and I couldn't stand him. They both cause lots of unnecessary turnovers that could easily be avoided by pulling up and setting up a play.

Buckeyes at #2 and climbing!
Might as well be overrated in football and basketball.

Big talk from the guy whose #1 ranked Louisville got spanked by a Big 10 team in the tournament last year, and whose football team has losses to five unranked teams and no wins over any ranked team. :smileyballs:

Buckeyes at #2 and climbing!
Might as well be overrated in football and basketball.

Big talk from the guy whose #1 ranked Louisville got spanked by a Big 10 team in the tournament last year, and whose football team has losses to five unranked teams and no wins over any ranked team. :smileyballs:
I didn't say that we were or were not overrated...just that Ohio State is.

Name a team in the top 10 in any sport who someone won't view as being "overrated."

For being so overrated, they sure as hell are consistent from year to year. I'm sure they were "overrated" when they beat Oregon last year, and when they won the BCS championship in 2003, and when they made it to the NCAA championship, and for the past 6 years in a row that they've had Big 10 titles, etc. Not like the "underrated" SEC or PAC-10 that get a number 1-10 in the polls every year because of their own hype.

Name a team in the top 10 in any sport who someone won't view as being "overrated."
For being so overrated, they sure as hell are consistent from year to year. I'm sure they were "overrated" when they beat Oregon last year, and when they won the BCS championship in 2003, and when they made it to the NCAA championship, and for the past 6 years in a row that they've had Big 10 titles, etc. Not like the "underrated" SEC or PAC-10 that get a number 1-10 in the polls every year because of their own hype.
#1 Louisville beating tOSU in men's soccer

They are not overrated

(I have to hang my hat on something...yes now i'm going to soccer)

#1 Louisville beating tOSU in men's soccer

They are not overrated

(I have to hang my hat on something...yes now i'm going to soccer)

Personally, I'd care more about club badminton than I would varsity soccer.

Back