CIVIL PE practice exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

How did your exam go?

Any recommendations? I will be taking the WRE depth and am wondering about your opinion on the practice exams compared to the actual exam, and specifically the Gruttadauria practice exams.

Thanks!

Difficulty wise, the PM portion for open, closed, hydrology and aquifers  weren't that hard, for me anyways. Difficulty wise probably similar to Gruttadauria, Goswammi and the NCEES practice tests. A few tough ones/obscure questions. 

The Water/wastewater portion I felt none of the practice tests made me feel confident in a handful of questions. I would get an answer that would match one of the multiple choice questions but didn't have confidence that I was sure it was right or I did a wrong common step. 

But I went into the exam knowing I didn't have a great grasp on the W/WW section. 

Passed fwiw. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody,

I am a new member. I’ll be taking the PE exam coming April( water resources and env depth). I have been reviewing a lot of materials last couple weeks and wanted to practice solving problems. I was wondering if anybody can suggest some of the best practice problems out there ( both for the AM and afternoon. WRE) depth. I have purchased the NCEES practice exam already.

Thanks everyone
Hey everyone

I have been studying for about a month now and taken a couple practice tests. I’m doing very well in the practice tests. However I am wondering how similar, interns of level of difficulty and materials covered, are the practice tests and the actual exam.

This is especially a question for October 2018 examinees. I read somewhere that the actual October 2018 WRE exam was no where close in difficulty to the practice tests. I don’t want to feel over confident just because I am doing well on practice tests. Neither am I interested in covering materials that are not relevant to the test.

Tha ks everyone for your responses. This forum is helping me a lot in my preparation.
Good day,
I was a first time PE taker this last October. I took EET and recommend it greatly (90% passing rate for WRE in OCT '20). It is pretty mathematical. You watch all videos at least twice (speed 1.5x or 2.0x) + do all the problems + attend all 5 practice sessions + do 4/5 practice exams = pass.
Pretty sure this will hold true for any course as long as you take it seriously. One of my motivators was a log of hours well kept (I could always see what I did and how many hours, and what activities I did on days off). I studied about 290 hours per my log.
I was about 200 hours in before they canceled the April, 2020 exam. Stopped studying shortly after the announcement and picked up 3 months before the Oct exam. I think 250-300 hours are enough study (video, class and practice) hours.
Exam is pretty hard. harder than the NCEES issued practice exam. About as hard as the EET practice exams. The first 10 questions in the AM felt incredibly hard...Don't get stuck and don't loose patience. Be prepared with your references, know where everything is and have it looking nice and organized. Tab/don't tab whatever, use your own methods. You WILL be surprised how prepared some peers will look as far as references, suitcases, dolleys, etc.
Go into this exam like you deserve to be there. Do the work when no one is looking. Listen to CE podcasts. Get inspired. But we still need a little luck, so...
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to increase playback speed for On Demand EET videos? I am watching in AdobeConnect and see no option to do so.

Back