China - Georgetown brawl

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCcarguy

Reaction score
IF you all get a chance, go to youtube and watch the footage on that fight.

I was originally thinking...well, it's Georgetown. OK, I was WRONG...and will admit it.

This tells you a little bit about what the Chinese think of the US, and honestly it made my blood boil. To get a little insight to it, it appeared at the time of the brawl the Chinese team had shot 57 free throws in the game vs. Georgetowns 15, and from what I read, the Chinese team was pounding on the kids from Georgetown without getting fouls called.

So you can see where tensions may start to rise, but the video tells the end of the story.

I for one think if there's ONE reason to cut our national debt, this tells me why.....we are not friendly allies, we will have the Chinese to deal with at some point.

To make matters worse, the Chinese Olympic Committee is now saying that all the players involved were over seventy years old. So the Georgetown kids were beating on a bunch of senior citizens.

I've seen this. It's a basketball fight. Watch a Heat-Knicks game from the late 90s and they also beat the shit out of one another. So things got a little chippy, I hardly think we need to go to DEFCON 2.

I don’t know why American athletes would even bother to tour China.

Except that ping pong tour with Forrest Gump – that went really well.

I heard the story about this on NPR this morning. The Chinese team are actually enlisted army personnel. Trained for combat and given a basketball.

Based on the reports, the Chinese team was excessively physical. GT didn't back down though and threw just as many elbows.

They are supposed to play each other again Sunday.

I might not go to defcon 2....but it's a warning shot. The reaction of the crowd was what was so disturbing to me.

Back