Cheat sheets for horizontal and vertical curves

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb78

Reaction score
Hello friends,

There are quite a few cheat sheets for horizontal and vertical curves. Are there cheat sheets that people think are the best that they could share? I have found myself using a combination of two that I have and am considering consolidating if nothing better is out there.

Thank you

I used the ones that came with the review courses that I took (from EET) and those worked well for me. My binders also had plenty of tabs to get me quickly to certain parts of the material.

I like eet's, but CPESR had better ones for calculating areas within horizontal curves and when to round up or down for vertical curves.

Nothing is better than the one that is created by yourself. :)
2nd the above! As someone else mentioned, the CPESR workbook has a good page of horizontal and vertical curve equations, especially the various areas in and around vertical curve segments. I don't want to share that copyrighted material, but I will share my own cheat sheet that I made summarizing various conditions of Laws of Sines, Cosines, and Areas. I didn't completely care for the presentation of these items in CPESR so I made my own. There is a small snippet of a horizontal curve with tangent offset and distance along tangent that I had initially done to prove a couple of equations to myself. I had room in the corner of my cheat sheet so I added it at the last minute, but it may not be that meaningful to anyone else.

Attachments

• Trig Cheat Sheet.pdf
    179.3 KB · Views: 230
Back