Certified Construction Manager (CCM)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

I been approved to take the exam but have yet to purchase the books. I was wondering if there are other options for purchasing books instead of paying the outrageous price for a set of books that will probably be used only once? 

Thanks,

Ken

I am in charge of our resource library (code books, reference books, etc.) so i just charge the books to my company Credit Card and stick them in our library.  Maybe you could talk your supervisor into adding them to your resource library.  Another option is if you, a co-worker, or your company is a member of CMAA you can get the books at 1/2 the cost.

I am in charge of our resource library (code books, reference books, etc.) so i just charge the books to my company Credit Card and stick them in our library.  Maybe you could talk your supervisor into adding them to your resource library.  Another option is if you, a co-worker, or your company is a member of CMAA you can get the books at 1/2 the cost.
Thanks, Ruggercsc.  Any advice for additional material to study, other than the CMAA study kit? 

Thanks, Ruggercsc.  Any advice for additional material to study, other than the CMAA study kit? 
As mentioned above, you can probably get by with just the Standards of Practice and CII Best Practices Guide.  Just read and know in detail these two references and you should be prepared.  The other references just go into a little more detail of the subject matter.  With a passing score of 65% and a passing rate of 83%, the exam is not overtly difficult if you prepare for it and have a general construction management knowledge base. 

I purchased a sample test (Examreview.net) from amazon for about $30.00 and it was okay.  It was the only sample test questions I could find (CMAA did not have a practice test available when I took the test in January). 

All,

I been approved to take the exam but have yet to purchase the books. I was wondering if there are other options for purchasing books instead of paying the outrageous price for a set of books that will probably be used only once? 

Thanks,

Ken
Ken,

You can search around and actually find them for free to download.  Use at your own risk I suppose. 

https://www.gilbaneco.com/university/CMAA/CMAA Standards of Practice.pdf

[SIZE=11pt]http://cmaanet.org/files/publications/PubsDload/CII Publication IR166-3 Best Practices Guide.pdf   [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Google "[/SIZE]gilbaneco cmaa"

My application was accepted to sit for the CCM exam. My company has a platinum corporate membership so we have access to the SOP videos, slides, and practice exams. Check to see if your company has a corporate membership.  I'm watching the videos now and taking notes. I plan to read through the CMAA Capstone Practice and Procedures document. Hopefully between that, experience, and the videos, I should be more than prepared.

I just got home from taking the CCM exam and passed. 

If I can pass it, anyone with practical experience as a CM can pass. I read the CM SOPs, CII IR166-3 Best Practices Guide, and watched/listened to the on-demand videos. My company is a mega member so every employee gets a free membership and free access to the CM On-Demand videos and practice tests. I did all of that at a concentrated effort over a course of 2 weeks. 

They give you almost 4.5 hours to complete the exam. I completed the first pass in about 2.5 hours. I spent another hour going through flagged questions. 

I just got home from taking the CCM exam and passed. 

If I can pass it, anyone with practical experience as a CM can pass. I read the CM SOPs, CII IR166-3 Best Practices Guide, and watched/listened to the on-demand videos. My company is a mega member so every employee gets a free membership and free access to the CM On-Demand videos and practice tests. I did all of that at a concentrated effort over a course of 2 weeks. 

They give you almost 4.5 hours to complete the exam. I completed the first pass in about 2.5 hours. I spent another hour going through flagged questions. 
Congrats on passing.  Same experience here on test time (I spent about as much time driving to and from the test site as I did on the exam)  If you have not set up your accopunt to keep track of your CEU's, PDH's, PDU's (whatever they are called), here is a link  https://recerttrack.com/logsys/register.php

I think you just need your CCM Number to set up your account under the code (it took me a couple of emails for the account to get activated).

Congrats again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on passing.  Same experience here on test time (I spent about as much time driving to and from the test site as I did on the exam)  If you have not set up your accopunt to keep track of your CEU's, PDH's, PDU's (whatever they are called), here is a link  https://recerttrack.com/logsys/register.php

I think you just need your CCM Number to set up your account under the code (it took me a couple of emails for the account to get activated).

Congrats again.
Thank you! I've sent email #1 to get the recerttrack account activated lol. Glad I'm not the only one. :) Thankfully, my preparation for the CCM really helped me fulfill a good amount of the 60 PDUs required for my PMP. Hopefully, preparing for the PE will help me fulfill the CCM PDHs and complete my PDUs for the PMP before the end of 2018. 

Hi CMs

I am applying to CCM exam, any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It is pretty straight forward if you put in some time studying for it.  If you study and know the Standards of Practice and the Best Practices Guide you should be able to pass.  From what I can remember, the questions were not attempting to trick you or make it overtly difficult, just that you know the material. 

Again, put some time into studying the Standards of Practice and Best Practices, and you should be good to go.

What is the acceptable straight-time labor charge on a T&M billing, given the following information?

Given Base laborer base rate = $27.00/hr

Union fringes = $11.00/hr

Contract allowed burden = 15%

Workman's comp = 10%

FUI = 4%

Contract allowed markup on labor = 20%

A) $59.41

B) $52.44

C) $45.60

D) $58.82

Anyone can solve this. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the acceptable straight-time labor charge on a T&M billing, given the following information?

Given Base laborer base rate = $27.00/hr

Union fringes = $11.00/hr

Contract allowed burden = 15%

Workman's comp = 10%

FUI = 4%

Contract allowed markup on labor = 20%

A) $59.41

B) $52.44

C) $45.60

D) $58.82

Anyone can solve this. Thanks.
Greetings,
Did you purchase the CMAA practice exam ?
And if you attend the real exam, how it was compared to the practice exam?
Thanks

Back