CERM old version vs new

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good response ptatohed, but

Remember-Don-t-Feed-the-Trolls-fanpop-22675484-412-341.jpg
Bummer, I just see a black 'X'. :(

Either that or you need to lighten your content restrictions. ;)

Remember-Don-t-Feed-the-Trolls-fanpop-22675484-412-341.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be some minor code related changes -- in my mind, nothing to prevent you from using the 13th (since you will probably have a copy of most of those codes themselves with you as well).

In my mind, CERM is the equivalent of your undergrad course notes all organized and summarized for quick reference. It's a great starting point, and the basic theories and concepts it presents don't change that quickly.

^ agree CERM is a summary of Civil Eng undergrad, that is why I said if youre good during those years, then no need for this just your old texts and of course the Codes per NCEES. If youre having a bad memory during all those years out of school, then you would need such a text like this CERM.

^ agree CERM is a summary of Civil Eng undergrad, that is why I said if youre good during those years, then no need for this just your old texts and of course the Codes per NCEES. If youre having a bad memory during all those years out of school, then you would need such a text like this CERM.

Well then nearly 100% of the hundreds of examinees at the Pomona California exam site in April 2011 had a bad memory.

Sure. Let me bring my big ol' pile of outdated school books which covers everything under the sun to the exam instead of one current, concise and complete CERM that contains information only needed for the exam. :rolleyes: The CERM was my go to source for the AM session. And like ptatohed said, the CERM's index is so good it too allowed me to find answers to questions that I had no idea about.

Sure. Let me bring my big ol' pile of outdated school books which covers everything under the sun to the exam instead of one current, concise and complete CERM that contains information only needed for the exam. :rolleyes: The CERM was my go to source for the AM session. And like ptatohed said, the CERM's index is so good it too allowed me to find answers to questions that I had no idea about.
Is there a major difference between the 13th edition and 14th edition?

Back