Cats versus Dogs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just occurred to me that I have never heard of anyone allergic to dogs even though a cursory google search shows it exists, though cat allergies are twice as common, so +1 dogs. 

Anyone allergic to dogs or know some one who is? 

yes dog allergies exist.  I am mildly allergy to dogs, but cats are definitely worse for my allergies.  Dogs will make my eyes water and nose run, but cats will make my face going into full flow and if exposed long enough makes my throat tickle.  

yes dog allergies exist.  I am mildly allergy to dogs, but cats are definitely worse for my allergies.  Dogs will make my eyes water and nose run, but cats will make my face going into full flow and if exposed long enough makes my throat tickle.  
that sucks man. Do you have any alternative pets or just prefer not to have any?

we have one dog, one cat. I think if you have a daughter you have to have a cat? thats a rule I think :D

We have lots of coyotes around us so we cant let it out (or we dont let it out) but I miss our outdoor cats in GA because I was cleaning out some boxes I had in the garage and found a ton of mice shit - that at least rarely happened with indoor / outdoor cats!

that sucks man. Do you have any alternative pets or just prefer not to have any?
no pets.  Even if we didn't have allergies there would be no pets.  we are work commuters hour each way so the animals would be alone 90% of time.  We like to travel and I am very frugal, can't justify the extra costs for boarding or pet sitting.  The extra expenses for food/stuff/vet is not justifiable for the time we would spend with the animal.  and probably the biggest reason I am inherently  lazy.  I'm not going to get up in the middle of the night to let an animal out, clean a litter box, change bedding/clean tank...because I would be the one stuck doing it.  

Latest posts

Back