can you program your HP 33 during the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
say you want to program an equation during the exam to solve a question, is this "allowed"? Will a proctor think your stealing questions? The HP 33s will allow you to store formulas, but I was curious if you are allowed to program it during the actual exam?

Personally I would just solve for all the 4 options (probably quicker) but someone asked this today in my prep class and I thought it was a good question. I scanned through the NCEES literature and didnt see anything that said you couldnt, other than you must use "the calculators"

??

Hello there,

RG, I think you are loosing it my friend. You know better than that. There is no time to do programming during the test. At this time of the game you must know the type of problems you are expecting. Program your HP for that before the day of the test and you will be in good shape. Sorry for the reality check.

I am sure you are you will nail the SOB this time bro. Good luck.!!!!!!!!

;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

re-read the second paragraph, this is just more of a "what if" scenario, I dont plan on doing it, I am just curious if its "allowed"

I have plugged some formulas already, dont know if I will use them, other than a check..

Hello there,

My bad. For a moment I thought you lost it. In case I cannot come by again before Friday my best wishes to you. Good luck my friend.

;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

I did program in several equations during the exam. No one questioned my actions. Might have been the bloodshot eyes.

pinkeye.jpg

:unsure:

Back