California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse my ignorance, but if we've passed the 8 hour exam, how could the state results be anything different? I assumed if your references and the take-home exam were sufficient, you would be authorized to sit in the 8 hour exam. If you've passed that exam then you'd have your license (when they get around to issuing all the numbers and certificates), correct?

Excuse my ignorance, but if we've passed the 8 hour exam, how could the state results be anything different? I assumed if your references and the take-home exam were sufficient, you would be authorized to sit in the 8 hour exam. If you've passed that exam then you'd have your license (when they get around to issuing all the numbers and certificates), correct?
Civil PEs in california are required to take 2 additional exams to become licensed engineers. A California Specific Surveying and Seismic exam. You need to pass all the 8-hour, take-home, and both CA exams to get your license and number. The database is updated once a day usually late at night and take some sort of a screenshot of what has been inputted that day. So if nobody is adding any new information yet, the database will say it is updated as of whatever date, but it's the same information that was in there the time before. Once they mail out the results of the california specific exams, they will update the database for Civil engineers and then when the screenshot for the website database updates, we will all see who passed.

Mechanical engineers only need to pass the 8-hour test, I believe. And I'm not sure when the Board will get around to inputting the new licenses into the database, nobody seems to know. It appears to me they are more worried with validating the results of the Civils as to update everyone at once, hopefully this week.

great news. latest news. the letters will be mailed out by wednesday. today they are starting to mail. confirmed news!

great news. latest news. the letters will be mailed out by wednesday. today they are starting to mail. confirmed news!

Didn't you just post two hours ago the following? "I heard back from DCA (Dept of Consumer Affairs). Results will be mailed out by end of this week."

yes I got email from DCA on thursday (last) that results will be mailed out by end of next week.

Today, I got latest updates from the Board that results will be mailed out by Wednesday. This is more recent, today morning. Thought I will share with the group.

yes I got email from DCA on thursday (last) that results will be mailed out by end of next week.

Today, I got latest updates from the Board that results will be mailed out by Wednesday. This is more recent, today morning. Thought I will share with the group.
So, someone on the board emailed you an update? Thanks for sharing.

Interesting, email i got today from the board said they will be sent out before Christmas

copy paste the email I received.

"We will be mailing them out by Wednesday."
So I guess the license look up page should include our names if we've passed. If letters go out in wed. then we should know on wed. night/ thurs. morning after the website updates!

The website will probably not go "live" until all of the new engineers are added. Might take a little longer than Wednesday night. I don't think anybody knows at this point, we're all guessing.

The website will probably not go "live" until all of the new engineers are added. Might take a little longer than Wednesday night. I don't think anybody knows at this point, we're all guessing.
I believe last time around the website wasn't updated until a week or so after.

licensee lookup will be updated only after a week or so. not immediately after wednesday.

Latest posts

Back