California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better luck next time Elastic. You have the right attitude. Have a drink and dust yourself off ready for the next round! :)

This weekend is going to crawl by awaiting that surveying pass letter that I WILL receive ;) 2 kids, 5 years, and 3++ attemts later...

damn that is scary Kholmes. Did you pass seismic and the NCEES in one go?
No. I passed seismic on my first attempt. Then I had a couple kids. Passed the 8-hr just this last time :) So I figure, I'm on a roll...on fire, right? I also took Reza's prep class this time. If I don't pass it this time, I'm not sure what my next step is. I need this peice of paper so I can promote and work less ha ha!

Any seismic/surveying letters yet? Its still early I don't get mail til after 5 pm

Got letters today, in San Francisco (in the City). They were postmarked 12-21 from zip code 95833.

PASSED ALL 3 ON FIRST TRY!!! best of luck to everyone.

also btw- first and probably last post

Got my letter today! Passed survey/seismic second try :)

Didn't write before, but visited this post obsessively over the last few weeks- made waiting a lot more bearable. Congrats to those who passed good luck for next cycle to those who didn't.

Got it Cameron Park on the way to Tahoe

Congrats all that passed

I'm drunk ;)

My name now appears on the BPELS website - yay! Quick question, is it common that the expiration date is only March 31, 2013? Do I need to pay to renew it longer in the short term?

Does anyone know how the number is assigned? I noticed that the first new wave of numbers for electrical starts at 20182 (given the March 31, 2013 due date), and the last one is 20317.

Is 20182 the person who had the highest score on the exam? Is it sorted some by some other method?

If it is sorted by score, then 20317 is the person who had the lowest passing cutoff score.

My name now appears on the BPELS website - yay! Quick question, is it common that the expiration date is only March 31, 2013? Do I need to pay to renew it longer in the short term?
Yup, that's normal. Your first license is only good for 3 months. When you renew it, it will be every 2 years after that.

Back