California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just skipped through a bunch of the new numbers... every single one that I saw was a Civil. I wonder if they're being delayed mailing out the seismic/surveying results, and they're trying to prevent a riot from all the Civil applicants who want answers

Same here, passed Mechanical 8-hour but I'm not in the CA database yet, and neither is my co-worker who also passed. The database is incomplete.

Congrats to all those who have made it through the gauntlet.

Unfortunately, my name wasn't on the database this morning, but I am going to wait for the official surveying letter (likely to come today) before I make any assumptions... Although, admittedly, it looks bleak!

To anyone who will likely sit again for any of these exams in the spring: keep your head up. I've been reading this site close to a year now and have come across some pretty inspirational stories. You've made it this far in your engineering career - has it been easy!? Nope, but you're still standing and grinding.

As my good friend Joe Dirt once said, "keep on keepin' on."

I did not receive the letters for the CA special exams yet but I found my name on the database today. CA - Civil

Congratulation to all & myself (I am in CA)

I passed the 8 hr exam & survey exam last time & seismic is the only one left behind for me this time

anyways, I checked my name in the database & it's there.

I typed my name wrong the first time since I was nervous & it did not show (make sure your name is right)

anyways, I got some seismic material for sale,anybody is interested (very good studying material, two books plus the manual I got from attending the class, plus some codes)

PM me if interested

I am in Sacramento, CA

I dint receive any letters yet, but found my name in the database this morning! Passed surveying the third time, my only pending exam..woooohoooo!!! :dancingnaughty: :dancingnaughty:

OK, so California SE's aren't updated into the License Lookup system yet...thanks for the confirmation, guys.

Now I can stop worrying that I filled something out wrong or god knows what, lol.

Maybe I can stop refreshing the database, too......but probably not XD

i failed again :( 2nd time.)- survey

did u guys take any coaching?? are there any classes in Bay Area.??

i have no idea how to pass now. i pretty much lost intrest in PE license.

is there any rule saying that you have to pass with in 3 attempts or else u have to retake all three exams??
Dont lose hope. I just passed the surveying exam in my third attempt. I had cleared the 8 hour and the siesmic last year, so this was my only pending exam. I was in the same boat as you few months back, and I hadnt taken any class for surveying before. I took Reza's class this time and I think it really helped :) http://www.surveyingreview.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's to all the people that agonized over passing this thing for the last 40+ days and got through it!!! (no thanks to the board for taking their sweet time)

cheers! :drunk: :drunk:

letters? I thought the system has been updated, if you can't see your name in the database, you fail a portion of the exams (you wont get a congratulation letter)

Unless there is another database, not all of the disciplines have been posted. In May, I received a letter for passing surveying and another letter for failing seismic. My response was to veeru's post.

Back