California outlaws plastic bags

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. You think this crowd just thins itself?

bibostore_440w.jpg

All we use for trash is plastic bags from grocery stores. We recycle a lot and don't produce a lot of trash.

but you don't recycle the plastic bags? sounds like you could improve a bit then, huh?

Yes, we do recycle some plastic grocery bags.

But yes, we could improve.

On a bit of a tangent but we live in a rural area, without recycling opportunities. I have to drive recyclables into the city with me and drop them off at lunchtime or after work. So we trash a couple plastic bags per week but in my town, we have to be in the top percentile for least trash produced.

I'm certainly no tree hugger, but it seems that every product made should have a disposal plan that is sustainable, otherwise don't allow it.

I'm certainly no tree hugger, but it seems that every product made should have a disposal plan that is sustainable, otherwise don't allow it.

plastic bags are recyclable, you can also use them to line your boots in the winter, pack your lunch in, line your small garbage cans in the house, use them for insulation in hippy homes, bury your dead gerbil in one, use them for packing material, pick up dog poop with them, arts and crafts projects, home organization, use them for travel as your luggage... i think they are pretty sustainable

I like to use my old plastic bags to decorate my neighbor's trees.

lol, well I suppose it depends on what the definition of "is" is

You know what's sustainable? Recycled dinosaurs.

Good thing my car is outfitted to run on such a product...

He posted that from his phone. Taking the pic is the least of your worries.

plastic bags are recyclable, you can also use them to line your boots in the winter, pack your lunch in, line your small garbage cans in the house, use them for insulation in hippy homes, bury your dead gerbil in one, use them for packing material, pick up dog poop with them, arts and crafts projects, home organization, use them for travel as your luggage... i think they are pretty sustainable
Everyone of those examples is another use but the plastic bag will eventually end up in the trash and not be "recycled".

Recycled plastic gets ground up and reused as plastic to make new products.

Back