California (Mechanical) PE Application Process Technical Review Time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pv_man

Reaction score
Has anyone recently used the online application process to apply for the Mechanical PE License (in CA)? Curious on how long the application process takes after it is in technical review. Mine has been in technical review for around 3 months. The initial application in July 2021.

Thanks!

Has anyone recently used the online application process to apply for the Mechanical PE License (in CA)? Curious on how long the application process takes after it is in technical review. Mine has been in technical review for around 3 months. The initial application in July 2021.

Thanks!
I'm in a similar situation as you. I submitted my application in BPELSG Connect in September 2021 and it went into technical review in November 2021. I was hoping to hear back soon, but seeing that you're still waiting after 3 months has me a bit discouraged. I understand that they are probably short-staffed and are playing catch-up trying to process the various applications, but it's difficult to not get frustrated at this point.

Hopefully the wait won't be much longer for either of us! :)

Back