CA Specific Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early in the thread someone said they called the board. Didn't sound like they were trolling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My friend called the board yesterday they won’t give a date. Before that I called Tuesday last week and they said a week or two after the ncees 

agree... calling the board never helps....
easy for you guys to say but if the board actually says something helpful you'd be all over it anyway. But to reiterate my point, i'm not saying it means anything or that calling will give faster results The fact that they won't give a date or gives conflicting info means we really don't know when it will come out.

I'm just going to put it out there that last December, I got my state exam results (surveying) on December 15th.

NCEES also released exams a few days earlier this year than in recent cycles (at least for the October exams), so we're still within a comfortable time frame for CA to release results based on past years. This is consistent with what the BPELSG has said so far as well (mid- to late December).

But I suppose being rational and actually believing what the BPELSG has said doesn't do you all any favors.

One more potential tip! Last December, the BPELSG added an update to their website/social channels on (I believe) the Wednesday before saying the state seismic and surveying results would be available by Thursday or Friday of that week. They were out that Friday. So maybe the Board will give another update like that at some point today or in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
at this point i kind of like not knowing.  it means i still may have passed.  subconsciously i'm planning my study routine for every 12 weeks starting april 1st.  

I'm just going to put it out there that last December, I got my state exam results (surveying) on December 15th.

NCEES also released exams a few days earlier this year than in recent cycles (at least for the October exams), so we're still within a comfortable time frame for CA to release results based on past years. This is consistent with what the BPELSG has said so far as well (mid- to late December).

But I suppose being rational and actually believing what the BPELSG has said doesn't do you all any favors.

One more potential tip! Last December, the BPELSG added an update to their website/social channels on (I believe) the Wednesday before saying the state seismic and surveying results would be available by Thursday or Friday of that week. They were out that Friday. So maybe the Board will give another update like that at some point today or in the future.
That is true, but shouldn't the process be somewhat expedited now? EIT and LSIT exams are now computer based and certificates are issued all year round. Also, the board no longer holds the NCEES results for release for the PE and PLS exam (which I also assume takes up some time). Having the test being in CBT format and the lightened work load should make expectations higher.

That is true, but shouldn't the process be somewhat expedited now? EIT and LSIT exams are now computer based and certificates are issued all year round. Also, the board no longer holds the NCEES results for release for the PE and PLS exam (which I also assume takes up some time). Having the test being in CBT format and the lightened work load should make expectations higher.
Sure because the DMV is also much more efficient now than before computers. 

Computers let them have less staff and they have absolutely no pressure to do anything timely because you have no choice but to give them money and wait. 

My boss keeps checking the board's website.  He asks me every day if I heard anything. 

I keep telling him "I am Schrodinger.  I don't know if the cat is dead or alive."  He shrugs and walks away.

That would be what one would expect, but it cannot be an assumption. And often, change (even if it's minor, or designed to make things easier or require less work) makes things less efficient, at least until everyone is used to what's going on.

But as I'm sure you all remember from applying to the Board for licensure before taking these, they are understaffed. At least in the regards of who reviews applications. Hopefully the quarter-based system for these tests will ease that burden next year.

@Gixxer SPAMMMM!!!! I agree that we are still very much so within a reasonable window of receiving results. Of course I am impatient, so SPAM SPAM!!! 

Also in very important news, I found my red NCEES pencil!!!! I though I'd lost it forever weeeee

Back