Buy 12 glue stick, 45 crayons, 6 reames of paper

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homework/tasks for remote days needs to be posted before 9 am.  the night before would be great.  Communication would be nice too.  like advanced notice that placement tests were going to be part of the remote days.  
Uh, yeah. I get that they are trying to keep the in class time as effective as possible, but we saw first hand what trying to get kids to do online assessments at home is like when they did honors placement assessments at the end of the train wreck they called 4th quarter last year. Now my kid is stuck in regular math.

Last edited by a moderator:
Middle school supply list being given out on the first day of school...even though I know for a fact teachers turned them in on the last day of school in May.

I was talking with my boss while on the way to a site visit yesterday, and he mentioned how it’s the last week of vacation for his kids (4th, 8th, and 12th graders) and he hadn’t heard anything about whether classes will be in person, at home, or hybrid. I’m guessing that might be somewhat common but it still caught me by surprise!

ours is classroom 5 days week all day. No more shortened day like last year. 100% Remote learning is not even an option this year. But if a kid gets put in quarantine they will provide a remote option for the 10-14 days.

Our kid is going full time 5 days a week and riding the bus. This weekend, we will practice self-sanitizing. Usually, I'm the one who hands out wet one wipes and anti-bacterial gel. But she's going to handle it herself this weekend. Need her to practice since she will be responsible for it starting next week.

Minisnick actually gets to walk to school this year. The daycare is about a block away from the middle school. It would be less, but they have to enter through the front instead of the back of the building.

They are encouraging washing hands right before leaving home then sanitizer will be available at school, but there are no temp checks or forced sanitizer upon entry this year.

Back