Bring Back the Lunch Thread !!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else here completely overdo it when it comes to making soups and stews? I went to make a batch of beef, barley, and tomato soup this morning (my soups are basically stews, my stews are basically solid). I added carrot, turnip, parsnip, anise, onion, and celery as well.

The veggies didn't look like much when I chopped them up, but my almost bathtub sized dutch oven is up to the top. I haven't even added the barley yet.

PS - Anyone mentioning "anise" or "dutch oven" as it does not regard to cooking will feel the full wrath of the Banhammer.

Got some assorted types of sushi from Whole Foods for lunch today. It was really good. The thing with sushi is that they seem so small and dainty, so you load up on them. Then when you start eating them you realize how filling they are between the fish and the rice, you realize you bought wayyy too many.

Today is Enchanted Under the Sea day at VTE Haus. We had that for lunch and are making lobster tacos for dinner. I had them steam the lobsters for me at the Stop and Shop, but I thought it would have been fun to bring a couple home, remove the rubber bands, and put them on the floor for the dogs to chase...

Leftover homemade pizza. Gonna keep it cold for lunch. I don't think it's a warm-and-soggy pizza type of day.

Leftover homemade pizza. Gonna keep it cold for lunch. I don't think it's a warm-and-soggy pizza type of day.
We have a convection oven in our kitchen at work. Reheats pizza like a champ, no soggy microwave crust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burger King. I eat there often enough to remind myself why I dont eat there more often...

I'm trying to stick to the low carb thing again so we usually go to the North DFAC (dining facility for you civilians) where I'll hit up the salad bar and make a salad with the usual fixins and some tuna on half my tray and usually some sort of meat to go with it. Yesterday was a double cheeseburger minus the bun.

Back