Black Friday ads

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap.

I need to start thinking about Christmas shopping.

I think we'll take it a little easier on the presents this year, so it shouldn't be a big deal - but some people do go a little batty during that 1 weekend. I've only done the Black Friday / weekend after Turkey day 2x, and I think after each, I said... I'll never do that again.

Be a good day to catch a movie or something.

My usual plan for Black Friday is flying the wife and son to MO to visit my family. Thankfully, the airports at both ends of the trip are well away from the shopping centers.

Be a good day to catch a movie or something.
One of the Turner networks used to run 24hrs of Eastwood on that day. I don't think they do it anymore though. I used to really look forward to a whole day of spaghetti westerns and Dirty Harry movies.

I did a solid 75% of my shopping last year on the net. I'm looking too improve on that this year.

I'm already finished.

That's because I'm so broke this year that nobody's getting anything. :D

About the only thing I buy in person is little stocking stuffers or bottles of wine/booze.
Several years ago I had contemplated ordering the sampler/gift packs from here

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/product.htm

The sampler packs were only $8 and had 4 or 5 full size bottles of various items depending on which sampler pack you chose. The shipping ended up being more then the cost of the items though, which really didn't seem worthwhile.

Sriracha is my favorite condiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several years ago I had contemplated ordering the sampler/gift packs from herehttp://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/product.htm

The sampler packs were only $8 and had 4 or 5 full size bottles of various items depending on which sampler pack you chose. The shipping ended up being more then the cost of the items though, which really didn't seem worthwhile.

Sriracha is my favorite condiment.
I've got a bottle of that sambal oelek in my pantry right now. It's the deal.

I have never been one for Black Friday shopping but my wife wants to go since she has seen some 'key' sales. Since I am newly married (and have the day off from work) I believe that means I am obligated to go ....

JR

I have never been one for Black Friday shopping but my wife wants to go since she has seen some 'key' sales. Since I am newly married (and have the day off from work) I believe that means I am obligated to go ....
JR
^^ :whipping:

Two words: swine flu.

Find a friend to sneeze on you, then stay at home and collect from the couch.

we went out to wal-mart once on black friday about 5 years ago, wont ever do it again, not worth the $.... although it was something you need to see once I guess..

I've seen Black Taco ads? That count?

Black-Jack-Taco-from-Taco-Bell.jpg

Back