Best forums for dumb technical questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2

Reaction score
Where is the best place to go when we need to ask a question we should already know…

Electrical seems to have good code interpretations and technical explanations. But haven’t been able to find anything near as good for other engineerings

Electrical - Mike holt forum

Mechanical - Googling stuff (especially code stuff) is rough. Engineering mindset YouTube is best we’ve got

Plumbing - been going to old ASPE books, probably saddest place

starting to get interested in civil-structural
Civil - some municipalities explain how they do things..?

Structural - don’t get me started on those useless super technical books (ACI, TMS, NDS). I Like the steel one.. guess it’s not all bad..

Where is the best place to go when we need to ask a question we should already know…

Structural - don’t get me started on those useless super technical books (ACI, TMS, NDS). I Like the steel one.. guess it’s not all bad..

Those "useless super technical books", as you call them, are the legal building code requirements for structural design in those materials. Maybe you want to clarify your statement?

Those "useless super technical books", as you call them, are the legal building code requirements for structural design in those materials. Maybe you want to clarify your statement?
you right. "useless" was poor word choice. What do you use for sanity checks & catch fat fingering numbers in calculators/programs.

do you have a good place for structural concepts/videos/pictures? shear's a booger (in-plane, out-of-plane, transverse, longitudinal reinforcement)

Why isn't there a youtube channel where it goes through solving NCEES practice test problems (those would be awesome).. would that be illegal for some reason?

Back