BAD Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
So I know there's already a thread about discussing movies. Thought it might be interesting to list only the terrible "I sat and suffered through it or I couldn't watch anymore and turned it off" type movies. To start it off,

Bringing Out The Dead (1999) :puke: Sat through it and finished it...

Idiocracy. Watched it based on recommendations here. . .the premise was great, but it went downhill FAST.

Pretty much anything by Will Ferrel. I thought Anchorman & Old School were funny, but noting since.

I normally can't stand Will Farrel, but Talladega Nights is a classic.

Shake n Bake!

I walked out on the Steve Martin version of Little Shop of Horrors back in the day. that's saying a lot seeing that I only paid $0.99 to see it.

I watched Novem all the way through, much to my wife's chagrin.

We watched Door to silence just to see how bad it could get (it got pretty bad...you know a movie is bad when the location scout plays a main character).

I turned off Transformers after 45 minutes.

Dang it! I should have clarified.

Responses should be a specific movie you didn't like and whether you sat through it or not. I figured the actual "Movie thread" was for discussing specifics on certain movies or actors. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Idiocracy

Talledega Nights

Stepbrothers

Elf

are not BAD movies.

Bewitched was a BAD movie.

Eyes Wide Shut - came very close to walking out, but toughed my way through it. Stupid, then weird, then disturbing, then stupid again.

K1F3: How about grant us ten words or less to describe the awfulness?

Idiocracy

Talledega Nights

Stepbrothers

Elf

are not BAD movies.

Bewitched was a BAD movie.
Stepbrothers is the bar by which all terrible movies are measured. That movie was awful. That was the breaking point for me where I decided I would never watch another Will Ferrell movie ever again.

I'll have to admit Elf wasn't awful. I wouldn't call it good though. Talledega Nights was a not as awful version of Stepbrothers. It was bad, but not gawd awful.

Meet the Spartans was pretty bad, although I have stopped to watch a few minutes here and there when channel surfing...

Eyes Wide Shut - came very close to walking out, but toughed my way through it. Stupid, then weird, then disturbing, then stupid again.

K1F3: How about grant us ten words or less to describe the awfulness?
Granted! Now can we get an admin to start this thread over from the beginning? Wish I would have thought of that at the beginning.

That was the breaking point for me where I decided I would never watch another Will Ferrell movie ever again.

I'll have to admit Elf wasn't awful. I wouldn't call it good though. Talledega Nights was a not as awful version of Stepbrothers. It was bad, but not gawd awful.
Before you swear off all WF movies, check out Stranger Than Fiction. That is actually very good. It doesn't have the typical WF mess in it.

Bombs Away: - rated PG movie found on Netflix while looking for something kid-safe...

I'm pretty sure they made up the script as they went. Makes Will Farrell look like Sir Lawrence Olivier.

Back