Babies on Airplanes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the ability to tune out children being raised around lots of crying babies. My girlfriend however absolutely cannot block the noise.

Every time we go out I get to calm her down from a homicidal rage when a baby starts crying. Its good to remember children help with the propagation of the species.

I have to agree with another poster breathing BO and recycled air is worse than a baby, I just simply dont fly because of the recycled air, even if the hippie is in a different part of the plane the BO smell gets around and the air filters are not all that if they exist at all.

I have to agree with another poster breathing BO and recycled air is worse than a baby, I just simply dont fly because of the recycled air, even if the hippie is in a different part of the plane the BO smell gets around and the air filters are not all that if they exist at all.
you fly commercial?

My 5 yr old seemed pretty focused last week when I let him "steer" the plane. They've got kids working the tower at JFK, too bad they lock the cockpit up on commercial flights these days.

SapperPE said:
I'm all about trying to appease people I don't know and will never see again, but I think people just need to get over their annoyance about babies on airplanes. For the love of God, it's a baby, a human being, and one that doesn't understand how stuffy people can be so damned annoyed by stuff that is completely, 100% out of their damn control. Suck it up America, stop thinking so highly of yourselves that our smallest members of society annoy you when you travel on public, commercial transportation.
Amen brother.

you fly commercial?
I fly small aircraft recreationally but I was refering to flying as a passanger on a commercial airlines, I just cant do the recycled air, there is no where I need to go bad enough and no vacation destination I can afford to stay at long enough to justify breathing recycled air for 8-12 hrs, your talking a full 24 hr day round trip to go anywhere and then jet lag and feeling slightly ill from the recycled air so you need at least a week to even get to a point where you can unwind and enjoy yourself.

As far as all of us being a bunch of whinners, there is lots of things in life you can "get through" but the point of getting through thoes things is so you can actually enjoy yourself at some point because the point life is not just to get through it so you can brag that your a hard a** who eats nails for breakfast and then dies of a heart attack at 38.

Townsend. I believe it is the smokies. We are staying at the Timberwinds Cabins. We went there after graduation for a few days. Very peaceful place.
Yep, just outside the park. I'm sure you've got things planned well, but be sure to check the national park website before you come. If you're planning on exploring any of the smokies, there are a lot of ARRA road projects going on right now that have blocked a lot of access to some of the more popular tourist areas (Cade's Cove, Grotto Falls, Abrams Falls, etc). I believe they are supposed to be complete by early summer, but weather around here tends to mess with road plans sometimes.

Enjoy your trip!

More than once I have swapped seats with someone because they could not tolerate sitting by a "noisy" baby. I have four little ones and do remember how hard it can be to travel with them.

Make it easy on the Mom, make it easy on the flight crew; good karma will follow you....

SapperPE said:
Suck it up America, stop thinking so highly of yourselves that our smallest members of society annoy you when you travel on public, commercial transportation.
Or, stop traveling on public transportation.

It doesn't bother me a bit. Nor do crying babies. I've dealt with my fair share of crying babies and I think I have developed filters to where the piercing screams of children barely excite a neuron in my brain. We flew with my oldest (now 4) when we was 18 months old. It was one of those horror stories where we were stuck on a tarmac for 6 hours, in Columbia, SC during the summer so the plane was a cool 85 degrees. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. The second time we flew with him he was pretty good but we're lucky to now be in a position where we don't have to fly with kids.

The babies aren't what bother me, it's the 5 or 6 year olds that think the plane is their personal jungle gym and their parents that are too chicken shit to make the kids sit their asses in the seat.

not_this_shit_again.jpg

Arguing with rppearson is like running in the special olympics: even if you win, he's still retarded...

Back