Are you burning with the Peace of Islam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

@@--@@
Reaction score
BusBurning.jpg

interesting website

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

Wow, what nutjob came up with that hate fest of a website?
VT, is it a hatefest or is it simply stating facts?

I'm not posing either side, I just don't see how you can call it a hate-website.

VT, is it a hatefest or is it simply stating facts?
I'm not posing either side, I just don't see how you can call it a hate-website.
Those facts are being presented in a manner that is intended to foment anger/hatred and take a broad-brush approach towards characterizing islam in a less than charitable way. If that is the case, then I think VT's characterization is on point.

I would ask this question:

Do you think a person could present facts that the United States is a fascist regime bent on world domination by manipulation, coercion, lies, and false promises ??

One can post a littany of press articles and 'factual' statements that would support that assertion. Just because the statements are 'factual' doesn't make the assertion any more right or credible. Following that thought, just because the statements are 'simple statements of fact' doesn't mean they can't be published in a manner to drive anger or hatred.

:reading:

JR

Perhaps it's not a blatant hate site in the terms of something that says "Burn all the (group) now!" on it's front page.

But it is at best, along the lines of a smear campaign. You are presenting certain aspects of the whole in order to foster negative sentiment toward a particular cause, as well as innuendo to lead you down a certain path of thinking.

One could easily assemble a similar site about left-handed redheaded midgets.

Facts and statistics are great but you can pretty much manipulate them to suggest any goal you are promoting.

Facts and statistics are great but you can pretty much manipulate them to suggest any goal you are promoting.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!" - Homer Simpson

I agree with VT on this one. I could throw together a website that would have you convinced this apple on my desk has slaughtered thousands of orphans in Madagascar and could probably find some facts to back it up. True or not this site is designed to spread hatred.

Why do we say that it's hateful if all it is is facts? Are we reading between the lines too much?

We can all agree that the website posts facts to express a particular point of view, but I'm not hearing that any of you agree with what it's saying. Can we agree that Islam isn't really about peace? Or is it? Do we understand Islam enough to post a qualified answer? I'm interested in how post-modern and how liberal people are on this website...I think it's an interesting subject. I just think it's interesting how you, VT, thought it to be a hate-website right off the bat. Perhaps I need to look at it even closer because I didn't read anywhere that I need to cut off the heads of anyone that is not Muslim.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK... I looked at the site again. It definitely has a bent towards hating Islam. It's the extremists that are the enemy. Of course, I still wonder about some of the verses in the Quran that are definitely bent towards hating anyone not Muslim. Perhaps someone here could enlighten us on how Muslims reconcile the hatred part of their book (the Quran) with being peaceful?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I didn't take the world religions afternoon module on the PE, so I'll pass the ball on the one to someone more knowledgable.
Am I sensing sarcasm VT? I suppose this isn't the best place to post about this stuff.

Was noah jewish? If so that explains why muslims are always so pissed off, because if the ark story is true, then that means they are all jewish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was noah jewish? If so that explains why muslims are always so pissed off, because if the ark story is true, then that means they are all jewish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the Bible is to be historically true, then that would mean that all middle-eastern Muslims are those that were the condemned descendents from the fall of Babylon. I'm no expert, but that's what one of my buddies was telling me.

Did anyone watch that stuff on the Ark a while back on Discovery? It seemed to point towards the flood being more of a regional flood than a global flood.

pretty interesting show(if you can watch it with an open mind) we tried watching The Davinci Code with my sister in law (devout catholic) she was about to rip the tv off the shelf she was so angry, geesh relax folks its just a movie..

also There is a thin line between Sunday Morning and Saturday Night anyways...

Radicals of any religion are bad!

I don't need a website to increase my hate of muslim extremist. They are Fucktards!

Well, I take what the Discovery channel has to say with a grain of salt. I saw an Alaska adventure show on that one time. My whole family is from there and the guy was a total fake because he was within miles of a resort and he was speaking as if he was near death with no rescue within hundreds of miles.

Also, the Discover channel had a documentary on the tomb of Jesus, but this is totally false as well. It's not just Christian scholars that know it to be false, but also Jewish peaceful scholars are in agreement too.

I'll digress because I've been in too many debates where once long friendships on a board went sour because I started getting too passionate about my religious beliefs. I've learned my lesson.

Peace! ;)

yes but what do the angry jewish scholars have to say about it?
Not sure, but if the tomb of Jesus were to be validated, the whole Christian religion would be in shambles because Christianity is all about the resurrection. Most people either believe it to be true, it to be a conspiracy, or it to be a mystery.

It's difficult to get a sense sometimes as to the feeling someone is trying to put into words. I learned this one the hard way when, as a 17yr old teenager, my Dad (who was an over the road trucker at the time and was only home on weekends), left me a note early Monday morning before hitting the road for a week. He was disappointed in some of the stuff I did over the weekend, relatively minor teenage stuff, but to read the note you would have thought he was disowning me and would surely kill me upon his return on Friday night. He didn't mean it to read that way but that's how I took it.

Having said that, I think as long as we all take everything we read here at face value it'll minimize the "hurt feelings". I don't think there's anything wrong with any of us expressing any ol' opinion we like. It doesn't make us bad people, it's what makes the world go around. VT or RG or McEngr could tell me that they think I'm an idiot for believing "such and such" and it wouldn't change the way I live my life or make me want to leave the site. If we were all the same life would be pretty boring.

;)

Back