APWA PWX?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhmayWuntee P.E.

Asst. Director of Public Works
Reaction score
Anyone been to an APWA PWX (Public Works Expo) before?
I believe it used to be under a different name a few years back.

This year it is in Orlando, FL and I got approved to go since we currently are without a Public Works Director.

Just curious what are some bigger things to make sure I do to get the most out of the vendor visits and wondering if the classes are actually informative and entertaining or if they can be a bore to get through. Experience from any big expo/conference would be fine to chime in some tips or things to look out for.

Ugh, forgot you cannot edit on this site which is SUPER annoying and odd...

I forgot to ask, is anyone here going to attend this year?

You can't edit with your 1215 posts?  You should be able to (I thought?).  

Anyway, no EW, I have never been to this event.  It actually sounds kind of interesting (in a nerdy engineering way ;) ).  

Please do tell us about the expo and what you think of it.  

You may want to start a thread about this in the Civil Eng forum as I don't see why this would be limited to public agencies only.  

Sorry, I forget to check this subforum since you have to log into it every time just to see if there is new content.

I did go, it was the last week of August.
Was pretty decent and had a good selection of sessions to learn from along with a lot of exhibitors.

If i knew anyone there it may be more fun; I'd consider returning, but not sure if i'd go annually.

Back