April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FAIL RECEIVED

SADNESS PRODUCED

edit: TOP SPAM OBTAINED!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on JK life: my dad mentioned he wants to maybe play video games (he's 64?, I think).  He said he'd like to do open world video games where he can explore/etc.  I'm thinking maybe Final Fantasy X (turn based action, but you can still wander around) or maybe Legend of Zelda/Breath of the Wild?  Options/ideas?  I don't play as much as I used to, and my brother plays kinda kiddy-games.  I do want to get him interested, because this is the first time he's ever mentioned this and all his kids played video games when we were younger (think Sonic on Sega, etc.)

Wait, no, seriously?  SO SAD.  But think of this way, at least for NY you don't need to resubmit your whole application if you fail more than 3-times!  NY ALLOWS ENDLESS FAILURE UNTIL YOU PASS.
No, not seriously. Sorry to pull your strings. I was responding to NikR giving me the "FAIL" on a previous post. I should've realized the "drop" date is around this time.

Getting top post can be a curse...

Update on JK life: my dad mentioned he wants to maybe play video games (he's 64?, I think).  He said he'd like to do open world video games where he can explore/etc.  I'm thinking maybe Final Fantasy X (turn based action, but you can still wander around) or maybe Legend of Zelda/Breath of the Wild?  Options/ideas?  I don't play as much as I used to, and my brother plays kinda kiddy-games.  I do want to get him interested, because this is the first time he's ever mentioned this and all his kids played video games when we were younger (think Sonic on Sega, etc.)
Breath of the Wild would be an amazing game to start on. Skyrim for xbox would be another great one if hes into the fantasy genre.

Breath of the Wild would be an amazing game to start on. Skyrim for xbox would be another great one if hes into the fantasy genre.
I'm thinking breath of the wild might work, since it looks more 'adult (I can steal my brother's switch)', but not going to lie...Wind Waker might work, since my dad is a musician and he might think the 'conducting' thing is funny.  I've never played Skyrim before?  Is it a MMO?  I don't want him to get made fun of by mean pre-teens, thus making him not want to keep playing?

Yea I hear Breath of the Wild is quite good. I unfortunately never got really far into it.

If he's willing to try platforming he could try Super Mario Odyssey or A Hat in Time. Those are the last two games I played all the way through.

Also, @SNAPE/SMOTT PE I'm flying to Houston tonight (or, at least, hoping to) so if I get stranded there tomorrow on my way to Mexico, I may be sliding into your DM's... Here on EB, anyway.
Haha it's sad but all this time living in Texas and I don't think I've ever flown into the Houston airport...usually get my connections in Dallas.

Yea I hear Breath of the Wild is quite good. I unfortunately never got really far into it.

If he's willing to try platforming he could try Super Mario Odyssey or A Hat in Time. Those are the last two games I played all the way through.
My brother owns all those games/has played through all of them, so it should be easy to get him involved with them.  I just feel awkward going up to him and being like "Dad, maybe try this?"  I have to like...plant it near upstairs where he watches tv on the bed with the cat.  Maybe throw a couple oboe reed cases on it so he picks up the controller by mistake.

I've never played Skyrim and never has my brother.  I guess I want to have him play a game that we've played before, so if he hits a roadblock we can help out?

I'm thinking breath of the wild might work, since it looks more 'adult (I can steal my brother's switch)', but not going to lie...Wind Waker might work, since my dad is a musician and he might think the 'conducting' thing is funny.  I've never played Skyrim before?  Is it a MMO?  I don't want him to get made fun of by mean pre-teens, thus making him not want to keep playing?
Skyrim is an offline game so he won't have to worry about screaming pre-teens. They have multiple games related to the series but this one is considered one of the best. The nice thing about older games is they're generally cheaper too. Switch games are nice because most of them actually have a resolution to them and don't keep getting updated for eternity like many modern games. As toony as Wind Waker is it was a great game as well, can't go wrong with Zelda.

giphy.gif

My brother owns all those games/has played through all of them, so it should be easy to get him involved with them.  I just feel awkward going up to him and being like "Dad, maybe try this?"  I have to like...plant it near upstairs where he watches tv on the bed with the cat.  Maybe throw a couple oboe reed cases on it so he picks up the controller by mistake.

I've never played Skyrim and never has my brother.  I guess I want to have him play a game that we've played before, so if he hits a roadblock we can help out?
Hm, maybe you can play a bit of it in the living room and maybe he would give it a try after watching you or your brother play?

As long as you pay the entry fee, they'll let you stay all night!
I want to get out of the Hotel NY-PE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back