April 2018 SE Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officially not going to be able to focus the rest of the day.... I'm freaking out. Hopefully VA releases soon!!!

Well, I'll get to take lateral again. Hope the rest of you do better. Good Luck.
Sorry to hear. That’s the hardest exam NCEES releases by statistics.  Try again harder.  What state did you take it in?

Sorry to hear. That’s the hardest exam NCEES releases by statistics.  Try again harder.  What state did you take it in?
I took it in Alabama. Passed gravity but this was my 2nd lateral attempt. I signed up for School of PE to help with the seismic detailing (my weakness). What's funny is that I did better on the previous exam before taking a class on seismic detailing. At this point, I'm not sure I can pass this thing.

I took it in Alabama. Passed gravity but this was my 2nd lateral attempt. I signed up for School of PE to help with the seismic detailing (my weakness). What's funny is that I did better on the previous exam before taking a class on seismic detailing. At this point, I'm not sure I can pass this thing.
Take some time off to breathe and even forget about the SE exam for a while. When it feels right you’ll go back and focus on your weaknesses and come back stronger.

PA just posted....no bueno for me. Time to regroup....😿
Sad to hear that. I am getting bad vibe now. 
Well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Hope you come back stronger and make it next time. Please do not quit!

Sad to hear that. I am getting bad vibe now. 
Well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Hope you come back stronger and make it next time. Please do not quit!
Quitting isn’t in my nature.  I’m going to be like Tin Cup on that last hole.

Not going to be able to retake in October, so time to think and decide on getting the PE first then retrying the SE after.

Congrats to all who passed, and best of luck to all who didn’t!

If anyone is in the South East PA area and wants to get a solid study group (or just some beer drinking) going, gimme a shout!

It sounds like the building test was a doozy... my office does both buildings and bridges, but I chose bridges because I thought it would be easier to work out of one code (and I have more familiarity with bridges as well). Sounds like I made the right decision.

Just remember that passing/failing the exam doesn't make you a better/worse engineer - I can tell from the topics you guys have been discussing that you all are excellent engineers. You guys will get it.

Please do not discuss exam content on this forum per the NCEES agreement that you signed. Posts above have been removed.

Yes, it sucks. I have a project deadline in 2 hours and I'm super distracted!
Yepp, luckily it worked out that I have nothing major going on today (thank goodness).  But my friend who took it with me has two deadlines today, and asked me not to tell her if I hear anything about the results... its killing me to not be able to talk to her about it!!

Wow, I am shocked at my results. Took Lateral Building for my second attempt and still UNACCEPTABLE. I took EET and never felt so confident leaving an NCEES exam.

Morning: 28/40 

Afternoon: Wood/Masonry - UA | Concrete - A | General Analysis - A | Steel - UA

The ones I got unacceptable on were the easiest questions in my opinion so I have no idea what went wrong. Felt confident about everything and finished every question - morning and afternoon with time to spare.

A little background - Passed PE Civil Structural first try October 2016. Passed SE Gravity (Buildings) first try April 2017. Failed SE Lateral (Buildings) October 2017. I studied hard for that, but I did not take a course. Didn't feel great leaving the exam site after that one. AND NOW I failed SE Lateral (Buildings) a second time. Was super confident going in and coming out. No idea what went wrong. Perhaps they set the bar even higher this Cut Score Meeting? Shit luck. Can't wait to see the pass rate for this cycle...

Back to the books i guess? Who knows...

Wow, I am shocked at my results. Took Lateral Building for my second attempt and still UNACCEPTABLE. I took EET and never felt so confident leaving an NCEES exam.

Morning: 28/40 

Afternoon: Wood/Masonry - UA | Concrete - A | General Analysis - A | Steel - UA

The ones I got unacceptable on were the easiest questions in my opinion so I have no idea what went wrong. Felt confident about everything and finished every question - morning and afternoon with time to spare.

A little background - Passed PE Civil Structural first try October 2016. Passed SE Gravity (Buildings) first try April 2017. Failed SE Lateral (Buildings) October 2017. I studied hard for that, but I did not take a course. Didn't feel great leaving the exam site after that one. AND NOW I failed SE Lateral (Buildings) a second time. Was super confident going in and coming out. No idea what went wrong. Perhaps they set the bar even higher this Cut Score Meeting? Shit luck. Can't wait to see the pass rate for this cycle...

Back to the books i guess? Who knows...
alright i'm sweating now. This is basically me as well passed PE and CA state exams first attempt, passed gravity first attempt, failed lateral twice now - still waiting on results for round 3 - but I answered every question in the AM with time to spare, no wild guesses. Plenty of time in the afternoon, i knew what each question was asking, felt as if i was in the correct code sections, had good example problems to follow. Felt very confident walking out and obviously as the weeks went on that confidence waned.... zero productivity today.....

Back