Anything new in your life since November 2010?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucktown PE

Reaction score
As you may know I've been on a bit of an EB.com sabbatical. I wanted to hear what's been going on with the old gang since I left.

As for me, since November 2010 I quit my old job, started a new job, bought a house, moved around the corner to the new house (which sucked big time), had another whopper of a kid (9lb, 11oz which resulted in a c-section for my wife), my oldest started kindergarten, went to China for work (awesome experience but the work sucked), and I think that about covers it.

What did I miss out on in the lives of EB.com members?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the midst of a divorce I never saw coming. Does that count?
Holy crap. Yeah, that counts. I'm really sorry to hear that VT. I suppose it doesn't make sense to ask what happened. At least you don't have children. Although I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better, speaking from my perspective, divorce would be much worse with kids.

Well, if you can, enjoy the single life in the mold of JR or Supe (pre MIAF version of course). I hope things are looking up for you in 2012.

I had a house built in 2011 and we moved in early August, my son is now in 1st grade and my daughter will start Kindergarden in the fall. Road Guy deleted me from eb.com back in April for calling him a dumbass, so I had to start the post count again from zero. Blybrook and I accounted for almost 50% of the posts in this last 10k. All-in-all, not much.

No real big events here. New engine in the plane last year and my son had is tonsils removed.

As far as moving around the corner, I think it's easier to move long distances since the incentive to get rid of your extra crap is greater.

No real big events here. New engine in the plane last year and my son had is tonsils removed.

As far as moving around the corner, I think it's easier to move long distances since the incentive to get rid of your extra crap is greater.
Most definitely. We also had the luxury of an all inclusive move the last time when me moved from ATL to Chucktown. I signed a "six month lease" in May 2008. I moved out 3 years to the day after.

During that 3 years we accumulated massive amounts of crap.

It didn't help that I rented the townhouse an extra month so instead of moving in one weekend, we had the "luxury" of dragging it out over 4 freaking weekends. And I left for China the next week. It was a really relaxing June.

Also, my brother just got his instrument rating on his pilot's license. He rents planes from a flying club in Charlotte, NC. He's not quite enough of a high roller to have his own plane.....yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, my brother just got his instrument rating on his pilot's license. He rents planes from a flying club in Charlotte, NC. He's not quite enough of a high roller to have his own plane.....yet.
Not making the fatty money we were all promised I take it?

I forgot about that guy. I wonder what sort of perversions he is indulging in these days.

I forgot about that guy. I wonder what sort of perversions he is indulging in these days.
Were you here when he created a new account to come back after he got banned?

Built a new house, upgraded my septic, fighting with my bosses, I am winning and now they are worried about ethic violations. Guess that about covers it for me.

Were you here when he created a new account to come back after he got banned?
I think so. He was rrpearso the first time, I can't remember what it was the second time.

Completed the supercritical boiler I was working on and made the move to the corporate office. Same company, but now doing all nuclear work with some cleanup duty on the fossil jobs that are winding down. Bought my first house in April of '11, which MIAF's daughter is doing her best to destroy. Other than that, SOS.

Back