Any 'Must-Sees' in St. Louis?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^I was 15 the last time I was in it. I remember it feeling a little cramped but that's about it. I'm about 6" taller now so I may have a different take on it now.

The base of the arch is a lot bigger than i thought it would be. there is a museum and a couple cool stores to wander around in. Dont carry a pocket knife (or any other "weapon") on you because you will have to go through a metal detector to get in.

Union Station is pretty cool, but overall just a glorified mall. I dont know anything about hockey but the blues play there you might be able catch a game.

The base of the arch is a lot bigger than i thought it would be. there is a museum and a couple cool stores to wander around in. Dont carry a pocket knife (or any other "weapon") on you because you will have to go through a metal detector to get in.
Union Station is pretty cool, but overall just a glorified mall. I dont know anything about hockey but the blues play there you might be able catch a game.
I went to Ticketmaster to do a quick ticket search for the Blues that Tuesday that we're there. Apparently it was set to "best available" for ticket type because the seats it brought up were $182 a pop. They were awesome seats, but I ain't payin' 182 bucks to go to a hockey game.

I went to Ticketmaster to do a quick ticket search for the Blues that Tuesday that we're there. Apparently it was set to "best available" for ticket type because the seats it brought up were $182 a pop. They were awesome seats, but I ain't payin' 182 bucks to go to a hockey game.
I bet you can get in (cheap reserved seats) for about $20 per ticket.

+1 on the Arch and the A-B brewery.

You wouldn't believe the scale of that brewery. The tour guide takes the group to a row of huge copper vats and says something like, "Each of these holds enough to provide you with a 12-ounce per hour for the next fifty years." My jaw dropped.

I was disappointed in the samples though. I think we get got three five-ounce samples or something like that. And they gave us only about fifteen minutes to down them. Some of the varieties were new though - stuff that was not on the market yet.

You wouldn't believe the scale of that brewery. The tour guide takes the group to a row of huge copper vats and says something like, "Each of these holds enough to provide you with a 12-ounce per hour for the next fifty years." My jaw dropped.

I was disappointed in the samples though. I think we get got three five-ounce samples or something like that. And they gave us only about fifteen minutes to down them. Some of the varieties were new though - stuff that was not on the market yet.
I might check and see if anyone's got some cheap tickets out front if we're not doing anything that night.

I'm sure it's not the same, but when I lived in Jacksonville I went to the A-B down there....several times. Anytime someone came in for a visit that was one of the go to places to check out. The scary thing is there were times that we'd sign in and you would see my name 2 or 3 times on that page in the guestbook already. The samples were nice, although one friend of mine insisted on getting a sample of Nat'y Light. I told him they were all free and he could get anything they make, but he insisted.

I was disappointed in the samples though. I think we got three five-ounce samples or something like that. And they gave us only about fifteen minutes to down them. Some of the varieties were new though - stuff that was not on the market yet.
I might check and see if anyone's got some cheap tickets out front if we're not doing anything that night.

I'm sure it's not the same, but when I lived in Jacksonville I went to the A-B down there....several times. Anytime someone came in for a visit that was one of the go to places to check out. The scary thing is there were times that we'd sign in and you would see my name 2 or 3 times on that page in the guestbook already. The samples were nice, although one friend of mine insisted on getting a sample of Nat'y Light. I told him they were all free and he could get anything they make, but he insisted.
Here in Michigan, the Wings are doing what they have to do to fill some seats. They have a price range to fit almost every consumer. And this is a market that used to easily sell out every Wings game for years at a time.

The samples were more plentiful at Busch Gardens in Tampa. We got samples and then went through Beer School. Then by the time we got out, the bartenders had changed so we could go through and get another set of samples. The only drawback was that I could not do any rides after that.

Back