AM WR - Sedimentation? Floc?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GTScott

I don't know why, maybe it was in 6 min, but I was under the impression that sedimentation and floculation were AM water resource topics. Looking at the sheets however, they appear to be only PM questions. Has anyone who has taken the exam seen either subject in the AM?

I will feel better if these are not AM questions!

Now come on, we cannot answer that question. We would in direct violation of the NCEES agreement we signed.

I don't really see my question being in violation of ANYTHING. I am asking about a coverage topic. It seems to be pretty clear that these topics I listed are not AM topics, but things like 6-min and such includes these in AM problems. I don't really care if you have taken the exam or not...have others added these topics to their studies for the AM session?

If they show up in the morning section, I would spend 2 sec to randomly pick an answer and move on. It is not on my PE curriculum.

i dont even know what your talking about? You say Sedimentation? I think Install some silt fence, type 3...

Type 3 - perfect. I will write that down. How does Stoke's law apply to Type 3 silt fence? Can you please derive the equation for Type 1 and maybe slope matting as well? ;)

Since I am not seeing it on the sheet and 6 minutes is the only place I see using it, I am going to assume it is not on there. It does seem a bit advanced for an AM question. I have some pretty good notes on both subjects though if any of you PM guys want them.

I never much cared for sed/floc questions.

Flash mixing, and paddle wheels, and ideal coagulant concentration...tough stuff.

The absolute worst is Type II settling and those silly charts.

GT, rleon is being "fecicious",
is that spelled anywhere near correct?
"facetious:

F___A___C___E___T___I___O___U___S

facetious"

I would use it in a sentence but you did that already. :beerchug

GT, rleon is being "fecicious",
It sounds like you combined "fecal" with "facetitious".

When you spell it like that, it sounds like you are talking about doing something playful with poop.

"facetious:
F___A___C___E___T___I___O___U___S

facetious"

I would use it in a sentence but you did that already. :beerchug

The derivative word "facetiously" is the only word in the English language that has all the vowels in alphabetical order.

Now, if I could only persuade the NCEES to add some trivia questions to that WR exam this Spring...

Back