Advise for an Electrical & Electronics Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedonetx

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is my case;

Bachelor................: Electrical & Electronics Engineer

Graduation Year....: 2009

University...............: A NON-Abet accredited Turkish university ( www.cu.edu.tr )

Work Experience...: 2,5 years (1,5 year for Automation in a machine company in Turkey, 1 year for Code Inspecting in a local Turkish municipality in Turkey)

USA work permit .. : will get soon.

Master, PhD.......... : No

English level..........: Advanced

I want to ask;

1. What should I do to get the F.E or P.E exam? Do I qualify to enter these exams?

2. Is it possible to make a master or PhD degree in USA with those background?

3. I have some special interest on renewable energy sources (wind turbines, solar power, etc...). I even participate on a Green-Building project of a municipality in Turkey. It is related with this LEED AP stuffs too. But my certificate is accredited to BREEAM. So I want to continue on renewable energy and Green building things from now on...

What should you suggest me to do if I want to move to the USA as an engineer? Where should I start to prove my knowledge and certification? Briefly, tell me what to do! :)

Having a degree from a non-ABET school will lead to additional work on your part.

I'm not certain about all states, as they all having varying rules, but they would have to evaluate your transcripts a bit differently.

The best thing to do is contact the board of the state you would plan to move to and talk to them. Like I said, each state is a bit different in licensing requirements.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only people that can answer your questions are the the people from the state board. You need to contact the state board for the state you are moving. All states have different requirements.

(null)

zedonetx,

In addition to contacting the state board (if you already know the state you will be moving to), I also suggest applying for credentials evaluations. I would go to http://ncees.org/credentials-evaluations/ because they appear to be accepted by most states. The evaluation costs $400. I have to warn you that most foreign degrees have deficiencies in Basic Sciences (because we studied them in high school) and Humanities/Social Sciences (not required in foreign countries for engineering degrees). Good luck!

thanks for all answers. I want to move firstly to South Carolina. Actually I dont know the exployment cases too much in SC. Which state has the best chance for an electrical engineer to get hired? especially in power, renewable energy stuffs....

Back