Actor Paul Walker Dies

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the pic of what remained of that car, they had to be haulin' a$$.

Among my pilot friends, the cause of death would be referred to as Too Much Money. It happens when a novice pilot with a lot of cash buys a high performance or complex aircraft and it gets away from him. Tends to happen to doctors, lawyers, and others who don't actually fly for a living.[/armchair speculation]

Among my pilot friends, the cause of death would be referred to as Too Much Money. It happens when a novice pilot with a lot of cash buys a high performance or complex aircraft and it gets away from him. Tends to happen to doctors, lawyers, and others who don't actually fly for a living.[/armchair speculation]

I've heard a few make/models of aircraft that were called "Doctor Killers".

Read about this earlier. Guess they were shooting for Fast & Furious 7, so maybe he was testing out his moves on the open highway as the track wasn't giving him the thrill anymore.

No matter what, it's a shame, he was one of the remaining decent actors out there. He will be missed.

I've heard a few make/models of aircraft that were called "Doctor Killers".

The first one I'm aware of is the original V-Tail Bonanza. More than a few doctors who upgraded tried to fly the Bonanza just like the Cessna they were used to. They found out the hard way just how fast a slick aircraft will accelerate beyond VNE (Never Exceed Velocity) when you drop the nose and don't pull the power back. One of the modern aircraft in this category is the Mitsubishi MU-2. It's fast and relatively inexpensive but it's not a friendly aircraft for the casual pilot. There's one on the field where I'm based that I fully expect to see in an accident report. He's run the thing off the runway twice that I'm aware of.

Apparently, the driver was quite talented in the racing field: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131201/CARNEWS/131209999

Shows that no matter how good you are, you shouldn't be effing around on the street. Too many variables that don't xist on the track, as well as too many innocents. The only good thing about this mess is they didn't kill anyone else.

Doesn't anyone enjoy driving a slow car quickly (not fast) anymore?

To continue the sad note, I just heard one of my cousins teenage sons died in a car wreck last night. I didn't know him at all, but he was apparently at our family thanksgiving Saturday. There were around 60 or so people there so I didn't know or get to talk to everyone.

Back