A Short Engineering Survey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shalifon

Reaction score
Hello! I am a high school student interested in conducting a short survey related to the general engineering career of any volunteering individual(s) in this community. I am enrolled in an engineering course in my school, and am requesting this interview as part of gathering research and exploring the field of general engineering and the work-life of those employed in this field or any other engineering field! I would sincerely appreciate it if anyone could please answer these questions (they're only a few, and the whole thing might take about 7 minutes to fill out).

Background:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your specific degree?
3. What is your place of employment?
4. What is your email address? (A general work email address is preferred, not personal)

Interview Questions:

1. Please describe your engineering field.
2. What is your current job title?
3. Please describe your particular job and duties.
4. What is your average work schedule (hours)?
5. Starting with high school, describe your educational background chronologically.
6. If you had to do it over, related to your career or education, would you do anything differently?
7. What advice would you give to me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?

This information is not smart to answer in an open forum on the internet. You may get some members adding to the lower section of questions, but do not expect anyone to answer the personal stuff.

This sounds like a head hunter/recruiter trying to poach. I can’t think of any high school student that would need this.

I think people will not be interested in disclosing personal info here. If you really need this survey to be done, you'd better open a survey form which interested people may fill up without showing the info to other participants.

Back