A lot of the people saying they got results are fake...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeysVee

MASTER SPAMMER!
Reaction score
I know some of them were members posting fake results under aliases. They were just trying to have fun I guess.

Some of the posts may be real but I would say most are fake so we can all just chill and continue to wait. This makes it hard to trust result threads here.

I guess it's ok to screw with people under aliases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Common dude, there cant be so many people lying both in FE and PE forums. I guess TX should be getting the results in tomorrow.

just my opinion, but its one thing to try to fake somebody out and have a chuckle. Lying about having received results or a not is a bit low.

man wtf is it w/ people this year and results? I agree, its in poor taste to do a fake posting this close to actual results being released (as they were today in a handful of states) - but seriously posting fake receipt of results under aliases? I dont think people here are that demented(?)

I am curious to see your evidence on this accusation. Is it because SC did not recieve their results first? Do you have IP history for these users and compared them with established members?

It's one thing to say you don't appreciate the fake results threads. It's another saying new members posting their celebratory passing scores are fake.

I am curious to see your evidence on this accusation. Is it because SC did not recieve their results first? Do you have IP history for these users and compared them with established members?
It's one thing to say you don't appreciate the fake results threads. It's another saying new members posting their celebratory passing scores are fake.

NICE PICTURE!!!

I'm not going to call people out. If they want to post here and admit who they are they can....if not you'll just have to take my word for it. I don't want to make anyone mad. Also, notice none of the mods are denying this. I'm kinda disappointed this was allowed to take place here. I'm not sure that's the purpose of this board.

Don't get me wrong...some of the results threads may be true but all of the early ones yesterday (several of them) were fake.

I calledup NCEES just now. Lady at NCEES confirmed that they started releasing results yesterday, and she said remaining NCEES states would get results some time today or tomorrow.

keep my fingers crossed.

Goodluck guys!

I'm not going to call people out. If they want to post here and admit who they are they can....if not you'll just have to take my word for it. I don't want to make anyone mad. Also, notice none of the mods are denying this. I'm kinda disappointed this was allowed to take place here. I'm not sure that's the purpose of this board.
Don't get me wrong...some of the results threads may be true but all of the early ones yesterday (several of them) were fake.
I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Not all the early ones were fake. Mine wasn't. Michigan popped yesterday.

Point of order: which is it? you say "...all of the early ones yesterday (several of them) were fake."

Is it "all" or "several"?

Better recheck your "Facts"

Good luck on the April test...

There are always trollers at this time of year - that never changes. However saying 'most' of these results thread are fake is more than likely overstating things. I didn't believe it until somone in my organization showed me how they got their response - apparently some state boards/NCEES allow you to get an email generated copy of the pass/fail letter.

While, I will agree that it sucks for the snail mail states, you cannot deny or call fake those states that are progressive enough on this front and in fact have released scores via NCEES email delivered PDF letter.

Good luck during the wait - we have all been there!

JR

I know some of them were fake guys and were posted by senior members as aliases. Not sure exactly how many. The point is the ones that were known to be fake were allowed to stay up on this board. That's the part that disturbs me.

Not trying to piss anyone off here...just wanting to let everyone know whats going on. Good luck to all!

There are always trollers at this time of year - that never changes. However saying 'most' of these results thread are fake is more than likely overstating things. I didn't believe it until somone in my organization showed me how they got their response - apparently some state boards/NCEES allow you to get an email generated copy of the pass/fail letter.
While, I will agree that it sucks for the snail mail states, you cannot deny or call fake those states that are progressive enough on this front and in fact have released scores via NCEES email delivered PDF letter.

Good luck during the wait - we have all been there!

JR
I know at least some were fake and posted by members aliases and this was allowed to continue. I think most of the early results yesterday were fake but not all...I dont know how many. Sure it sucks for the snail mail states but that has nothing to do with this thread. I also do believe some of the results are out and that's great! That doesn't bother me....

My results will most likely be bad news so waiting to get the bad news doesn't bother me...I hope everyone gets results when they want...I kinda hope mine comes after Christmas.

Thanks DK!

Also, mods you can go ahead and lock this thread....with almost 900 views, I'm sure everyone has seen it. I don't want this to continue to spiral down hill...just wanted to let everyone know. Thanks!

the only fake ones I found through checking IP's was the ones that were obvious jokes in the first thread? PM me if you see others, I dont mind the few obvious jokes (like Dark Knights early ritual) but I certainly dont want any of the other kind you mentioned

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE ONES WHO PASSED THE OCT. 2009!! I PASS THE TEST FINALLY.... AFTER 6 TIMES!! :party-smiley-048:

Back