30 Days Till I'm 30

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 is the new 40, but I don't understand why they don't also translate that to malt liquor so I can buy a 50oz (that extra 10oz could help account for the loss when I pour the first dregs out on the ground for my homies)

:D

Being 30 means I've gotten over myself. It's been a relief.

50 is the new 40, but I don't understand why they don't also translate that to malt liquor so I can buy a 50oz (that extra 10oz could help account for the loss when I pour the first dregs out on the ground for my homies)

:D

Being 30 means I've gotten over myself. It's been a relief.
I'll be 33 soon and I still am not taken seriously. I don't desire to be old, but it DOES have its benefits - like respect.

Geez, all you youngun's whining about turning 30...

"Why I remember" ( :eek:ld-025: ) when I turned 30, I hurt my back cycling and thought it was all over... what a load of self-pitying crap! I recently turned 42 and I can run farther, faster, do more pushups, act more maturely, get more respect, and am STILL embarking on a new career.

You're still very young. Have fun, thay young, and don't get that attitude that you're falling apart - or you will!

Good God, am I the oldest person on here? (53 next month).
I turned 52 earlier this month, so you've got me beat by a little. I can tell I'm not as strong or energetic as I used to be. I'm still going strong, though.

30 wasn't so bad, but for some reason 31 was hard to get over.

Of course that was 13 years ago, and now I am overwhelmed by apathy by any b-days.

It didn't help that after I pointed out that when my dad was my age, I had just started college, my wife pointed out that there was a good possibility that I was also at the halfway point in my life expectancy.

Yea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coulda been worse, I guess.... She could've said "Well... you're at the end of your life expectancy!" and pulled out a knife/gun/large blunt object...................... Yes, I've spent too much time reading Stephen King stuff recently...

Now at 35, I do feel it. But really I didn't start feeling older until I quit doing active things.

I don't think you get old until quit doing the stuff that defines you. I quit after a couple of injuries to various joints, but an getting back on the horse hopefully this month.

I'll tell you what an old hippie told me on my 30th birthday.

Welcome to the BEST decade of your life! You're old enough now to start making better money, and still young enough to enjoy it. And you still don't get up in the morning with knee pains, and back pains and all the other pains that go along with old age.

I'll tell you from a 46 year old......he was right!

I'll tell you what an old hippie told me on my 30th birthday.
Welcome to the BEST decade of your life! You're old enough now to start making better money, and still young enough to enjoy it. And you still don't get up in the morning with knee pains, and back pains and all the other pains that go along with old age.

I'll tell you from a 46 year old......he was right!
you're right, at 47 now i feel all the aches from the activities i do and even the ones i don't do

Now at 35, I do feel it. But really I didn't start feeling older until I quit doing active things.
I don't think you get old until quit doing the stuff that defines you. I quit after a couple of injuries to various joints, but an getting back on the horse hopefully this month.
Well said. If you can't do the things you used to do, find new things.

Back