2015 F-150

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 2003 step side ford ranger 4 x 4 extended cab with a 4 liter v6. It came with factory 16" rims.

It was a nice truck never had any problems except the bad gas milage. I use to park next to a guy with a regular ranger and mine looked like a f 150. I miss my baby truck.

I had a 98 extended cab stepside, 3.0/5spd. Great truck, but I learned I don't like a truck for a daily driver. I'd love to have a standard cab stepside for a yard truck.

We had a first gen sport trac. We absolutely loved it. Kinda hard to get 3 kid seats in thought so we upgraded to the F150. I miss both of them. We downgraded to a midsize SUV with a hitch.

^I've noticed folks tend to keep their Sport-tracs forever. They seem to retain their value pretty well, too.

It was a great truck and it was pretty sexy too. 4x4, bed cover, plastic floor coverings. It was the bomb.

^I've noticed folks tend to keep their Sport-tracs forever. They seem to retain their value pretty well, too.

I would still have mine... if only I hadn't driven it into a "ditch" (ravine more like it) going 55 mph a few years ago.... and even at that, I had it for 5+years and didn't plan on getting rid of it... the only thing I had go wrong was my transmission slipped and all the gears were off by one... I can say this, despite the fact that I completely totaled it I walked away from the accident with only bruises a few chemical burns and some scratches......

260206_2125963755207_1515369_n.jpg

(while one of those tires was the spare, the other had half an axle still attached to it...)

But I would buy another.

Those air bags are a bizzitch when they go off. When I wrecked my Ranger, the only injuries were chemical burns, and a cut on my hand from the bags blowing. My ears rang for a couple of days.

if I never have to smell one go off, it will be too soon... I'm sure they actually helped out here though

and as far as retaining value, even totaled, I managed to get a little money for it from a salvage yard... my only complaint about it was the bed was too short for when I needed a truck and there was no trunk for when I went grocery shopping.

if I never have to smell one go off, it will be too soon... I'm sure they actually helped out here though

In my case, they just drove up the repair cost.

Yeah, I didn't have to replace mine, lol

Oh, I didn't either, they totalled the truck. But the two bags going off were about $4K to replace.

Someone bought it, fixed it, and put it back on the road. Last time I checked CarFax, it was in FL with about 110K more miles than it had when I wrecked it.

I would still have mine... if only I hadn't driven it into a "ditch" (ravine more like it) going 55 mph a few years ago.... and even at that, I had it for 5+years and didn't plan on getting rid of it... the only thing I had go wrong was my transmission slipped and all the gears were off by one... I can say this, despite the fact that I completely totaled it I walked away from the accident with only bruises a few chemical burns and some scratches......

(while one of those tires was the spare, the other had half an axle still attached to it...)

But I would buy another.
That looks like you crashed into a field of whaky-tahbaky...

wrong state... in Alabama we only grow kudzu...

edit- actually I think along the highway in that section it's mostly honey suckle that was done flowering with the kudzu covering a lovely erosion ravine on the side of the road...

Last edited by a moderator:
^I Fhate kudzu. My mom had the great (detect sarcasm here) idea to put it in the backyard of our house (in FL). It very quickly took over, and guess who got to try to control it? Like I said, I Fhate kudzu.

But I would buy another.
That looks like you crashed into a field of whaky-tahbaky...
How in the name of all that is holy did you do that?! Good thing there were no major injuries.

Back