2015 F-150

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tech and engines may be cool, but the style is just like the new Chevy truck lineup (particularly the Tahoe)... sh*tty!

^I think the square blocky look is solely because the pre-2004 generation F-150 was derided as being too soft and feminine.

To me, the trend is running towards making trucks look busier than they are. And let's not begin to talk about the cost to repair body panels in this day and age given that there are 12 different geometries in each piece of sheet metal.

1996:

tahoe_1.jpg

c430146a.jpg

:thumbs:

2015:

2015-chevrolet-tahoe_600x0w.jpg

60FT8584.jpg

:puke:

That Alan Mulally dude is taking Ford to new heights.

Am reading American Icon, and it is impressive. On the other hand the book is a tribute to American greedy and how the rich and powerful just use and crush the working middle class at their convenience.

I owned the 2001 model below and loved it. Eddie Bauer, 4x4, hard top. That model is still my favorite. The drop in the side windows on the newer ones is a major turn off to me.

View attachment 6168

In the odd chance that I ever do buy a Ford, it will be the Raptor (although I'd swap out the front grill with something aftermarket ASAP):

2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor13.jpg

The graphics are an added option. It's hard to find one in stock without it, but they are vinyl stickers which come off fairly easily.

^^^ But the diesels only come in the 3/4ton and bigger trucks. Try finding one with a wheel-base the same size as a 1/2 ton. No issues with the diesels, they're just too big for everyday use like commuting, parking (lots or in a garage), or just putzing around-town.

I'd agree with you if I was looking for horse power potential since I've witnessed some amazing things with diesel tuners (Never owned one but thought the money was well spent for the "wow" factor)

the off road abilities with the raptor impress me more however in a half ton truck. The tuner has worked quite nicely in my current F150 and I think I will add it to every truck I buy in the future...

^^^ But the diesels only come in the 3/4ton and bigger trucks. Try finding one with a wheel-base the same size as a 1/2 ton. No issues with the diesels, they're just too big for everyday use like commuting, parking (lots or in a garage), or just putzing around-town.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/1309_2014_ram_1500_ecodiesel_first_drive/

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/27/nissan-titan-cummins-diesel-originally-meant-for-ram/

Even the Chevy Colorado will be getting the diesel option.

Ford should have given the Ranger one more year here. When I was in Afghanistan there were some new ones running around the base and they looked really sharp. They looked just like scaled down Raptors.

I would buy a new ranger if available. I want a truck for small house projects and yard work, but the 150 is too big.

For around the house things, it was just cheaper to put a hitch on Mrs Dex's SUV and bought a small trailer.

I never figured why they didn't make a plus size ranger. To compete with the Dakota.. Maybe the explorer with truck bed was their option but I just though they bypassed the mid size market...

I had 3 rangers, 84, 90, and then and 06. I sold the 84 to buy the 90 but the 84 was bright ass orange and. 4WD, it was a pretty cool truck.. I needed a newer model when I was in the army but the 90 wasn't 4 WD.... All three had zero problems.. Even the 4 banger with 200,000 miles....

^^^ But the diesels only come in the 3/4ton and bigger trucks.  Try finding one with a wheel-base the same size as a 1/2 ton.  No issues with the diesels, they're just too big for everyday use like commuting, parking (lots or in a garage), or just putzing around-town.
Dodge is putting the diesel in their '14 1500's. Not much benefit though as the frame prolly can't handle the torque.

Ford rangers also had diesels fer a few years, as did the IH Scout.

Back