20 Years ago today.....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the low man at a restaurant washing/cleaning stuff and the entire restaurant stopped eating/working/talking to watch and listen.

i remember the odd low speed chase and also the day of the verdict. the verdict was announced over my high-school intercom. also i watched a Dateline on the trial this last weekend. man i forgot what a character johnnie cochran was. "if it doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

We got to watch the verdict in debate class.

A few years later, Johnnie Cochran was a guest speaker at my college. A group of us went to see him and he happened to be going up the stairs to the room right ahead of us. I commented, in what I thought was a quiet voice, "He looks taller on TV." He later told the entire group that I had said that. He also started off by saying, "I'll get it out of the way now- if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

We got to watch the verdict in debate class.

A few years later, Johnnie Cochran was a guest speaker at my college. A group of us went to see him and he happened to be going up the stairs to the room right ahead of us. I commented, in what I thought was a quiet voice, "He looks taller on TV." He later told the entire group that I had said that. He also started off by saying, "I'll get it out of the way now- if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

:rotflmao: you burned johnnie cochran

They had us go to the multi-purpose room during class (5th grade) to watch the verdict. On the way back to class, I commented that the DNA evidence shouldn't have been dismissed. My BFF (who was black) told me I only thought he was guilty because he was black. That was the first time I needed one of these:

1415912733_1377443269.png

Last edited by a moderator:
FIFTH GRADE?! No wonder you look like you're super young- you are super young.

I agreed with the verdict based on mishandling of evidence. I liked logic even back then, viewing the whole thing like an if/then statement. Johnnie Cochran just helped it along those lines.

I was thinking the same thing. I was in 9th grade during the trial and I remember watching the verdict on tv in English class. I don't remember following the trial very much, other than the fact that it was on every channel during that time.

I was in tenth grade. I didn't much about the story or anything else at that thyme

When I was in fifth grade, Mr. YMZ was in university and working in the oil fields.

I'm probably right around the same age as YMZ, but I look like a fat old man :(

YMZ was 16 in fifth grade. She went through a rough patch after kindergarten. Don't want to go into the details, but after rehab she came back and finished elementary school. Really shows her character that she did that.

When I was in fifth grade, Mr. YMZ was in university and working in the oil fields.

Creepy.

I was a junior.

EDIT: Sh!t! That means my 20-year reunion is coming up. 2017- Hopefully enough time since 2007 that everyone can't remember how drunk I was at the 10-year.

I was a junior.

EDIT: Sh!t! That means my 20-year reunion is coming up. 2017- Hopefully enough time since 2007 that everyone can remember how drunk I was at the 10-year.
same here. I was beyond a sloppy mess at mine

Back