What are you eating?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supe

Reaction score
Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, snack, who cares, post up.

I had a cold cut roach coach combo for lunch, but burned my tongue last night, and can't really taste it.

Dinner is going to be some home made chicken soup. Had it in the crock pot all night with low sodium broth, a whole chicken cut up, carrots, celery, and onion. Just need to separate the bones from the meat and I'll have a bunch of meals for the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a chicken wing addict lately... had them 3 times last week, including last night for dinner, and I am thinking about getting some for lunch today...

I haven't had good wings in ages. I wish they weren't so fattening, but I may cheat and make them anyways. I've still got Bigray's wife's recipe to try out in the crock pot.

^where do I find this recipe?

when I make them at home I usually make a jerk marinade, I use about 10 habanero peppers in it, so they are **** good and spicy!

edit: then I grill them so they are really smoky

Last edited by a moderator:
had a souffle today. The wife loves to make souffles, and they are the best way to get me to eat my veggies since I'm more of a carnivore. I love some wings myself, what's this crockpot recipe you speak of? Thanks!

Hopefully this isn't some super-secret recipe that Ray won't mind me sharing:

CROCK POT BBQ CHICKEN WINGS

5 lbs. chicken wings, with tips cut off

1 (12 oz.) bottle chili sauce

1/3 c. lemon juice

1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

2 tbsp. molasses

2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. chili powder

1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce

Dash of garlic salt

Place wings in crock pot. Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours. Yields: 6 to 8 servings.

My wife tried that the first time... only thing we didn't like was that the wings were soggy. The next time she tried it, she took them out of the crock pot, put them on a cookie sheet and put them under the broiler for a while until they got crispy which were much better (if that is your preference).

Normally, my would have flash fried them, baked them, tossed them in a flour & hot sauce mixture, and baked again... the above is a lot less mess and work.

Ray

Right now, I'm eating some clementines and a bananna.

For dinner I'll be eating some leftover steamed duplings! (Home made of course!!)

And VT, I'm sorry that I can't give you the recipe.

It's all written in Chinese!! :p

And VT, I'm sorry that I can't give you the recipe.
It's all written in Chinese!! :p
chinese dumplings are the best. one time when my roommate's family drove down for a visit her mom brought homemade dumplings....my mouth still salivates when i remember how good they were. Her family immgrated here from hong kong when she was in the 3rd grade, but they still lead a very traditional chinese family life.

Turkey & swiss on a french roll, Doritos & a Pepsi for lunch.

I have no idea what I'll make for dinner, probably just have a Pepsi and some Ritz crackers... Yes, I'm that lazy.

chinese dumplings are the best. one time when my roommate's family drove down for a visit her mom brought homemade dumplings....my mouth still salivates when i remember how good they were. Her family immgrated here from hong kong when she was in the 3rd grade, but they still lead a very traditional chinese family life.

Chinese Dumplings are right up there atop my all time favorite foods list. I'm not a fan of the steamed dumplings though, only the pan fried. The dipping sauce can completely make or break the dumpling though.

I had a salad for lunch topped with black olives, garbonzo beans, cheese, and fresh cucumber.

and a keylime yogurt

I had tacos for lunch, cheezy crackers with peanut butter for snack.

I have about 2 lbs of pork chops that need desperately cooked up in my refrigerator - tonight is the night. My wife had a peach/apricot marmalade with worschershire (sp?) sauce mix that I slather them in after grilling that make them oooohhhh so good. Maybe make up some cheezy mashed potatos to go with.

Right now, I'm eating some clementines and a bananna.
For dinner I'll be eating some leftover steamed duplings! (Home made of course!!)
I love steamed dumplings. Supe is right - the sauce is key.

Back