Iowa PE Exam Results? - OCT 2008 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
madrud

Iowa PE Exam Results?

I believe last years October exam was around January 4th. Any info on this years October exam results?

EES provides the proctor services for Puerto Rico as well as Iowa. I have not heard anything about the Puerto Rico results...

I'm waiting for the Iowa results too. According to past people who took the exam in Iowa, we should get the results the last week in December or the 1st week in January.

I highly doubt we know by Christmas. :angry:

Does anyone know if Iowa updates the list of licensed engineers when they receive the results? I know other state's update the list before sending out pass/fail letters. In other words, can I stop checking the license search website hoping to find out if I passed before I get a letter.

I e-mailed EES and received the following reply for when to expect Iowa results:

"mid january, ia releases their own PE scores by the way"

I emailed the Iowa Board (who has been very responsive to) asking when we could expect the Iowa results to get mailed.

Her response: "Early next week"

Edited by BPCW

I guess we should know in a week or so. Anyone know if they update their website before they send out results by mail?

Edited by iainmn

I emailed the Iowa Board (who has been very responsive to) asking when we could expect the Iowa results to get mailed.

Her response: "Early next week"

I'm not sure if they update the license verification page before mailing out. But if they do....... the next number to be filled is 19185, 19184 was occupied by a comity license on 12/23/08.

I know what I'll be doing a couple times a day!

I don't think you will show up on the license verification page because if you pass the PE (fingers crossed), you still have to send in your money to get an actual license. I don't think they issue you a PE number until you pay the money.

I don't think you will show up on the license verification page because if you pass the PE (fingers crossed), you still have to send in your money to get an actual license. I don't think they issue you a PE number until you pay the money.

That makes sense, although I still couldn't help but look and it looks like they added a few more licenses by comity.

Well we should know sometime this week...hopefully early this week. I'm not sure if they mailed the results out yet...I've bugged the lady once already, I don't want to do it again.

BPCW, is Jennifer the person you contacted at the Board?

BPCW, is Jennifer the person you contacted at the Board?

Gleean Coates. She was helpful and responsive during the application process and answered my question last week about the results as well.

you will get a notification letter in the mail before your name appears on the website. You have to pay your fees before your name goes up on the website. A passing notfication is from the board in a standard business envelope. It will be a single page letter.

Just received this response this morning:

"The results should go out this week"

I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed it is sooner in the week rather than later.

Per someone I took a review class & the test with, the Board hasn't even sent out the letters yet. It will probably be Thursday or Friday before we get anything.

Maybe their goal is to be the last state to release the results (except for California of course)...

Anyone get the letter in the mail today?

My mail doesn't typically come until 3 so I was hoping to avoid another afternoon of wondering.

My mail usually comes around 4:30, so no help here. Do we know that letters have even been sent?

Big shock...nothing again in the mail today.

The quest to be the slowest reporting state is still alive.

Edited by BPCW