PE exam for international engineers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelambre

pelambre
Reaction score
Hey guys:

I have some questions regarding international people such as me willing to apply for the PE license. In my case, I plan to Apply either to the Texas or Michigan

board.

Currently I am an international engineer. I came to the states to get my MS, and i got it last year. Before coming to the states I worked under a PE supervision for about 2 years. At the moment I am in USA working in a construction firm. So far, among the questions that i have:

1- Do you know if the experience that i got working back home before coming to USA accounts as PE experience? (I was working for 2 years under the direction of a PE enginner back home).

2- Is there any problem if by the time I apply for the PE exam, I have exactly 4 years or 48 months of experience? Might the PE board reject me? In my case, the PE application deadline for both states is on Jan 09 (I want to take it in APril 09), so by that date I will have 48 months of working experience roughly.

3- I heard that i need to verify if my BS transcripts and diploma are similar to the ones provided by an ABET institution. I also heard that this paperwork cost about US$300, isn;t it enough if during my application I submit only my transcritps and diploma from my MS unviersity in USA , which i know for sure that it is an ABET instutition.

Thanks a lot, please reply

Latest posts

Back