Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
structural2552

February 2019 Test Results

49 minutes ago, Maycha said:

I am debating if I should just get EET books and self study instead of getting the entire course. Problems solving vs lots of video watching time and also problems solving. I scored deficient on almost all categories so I am just afraid I missed the big concepts entirely. Ugh..

The first time around With only hiner I felt like I understood the material and did not want to spend anymore time watching videos I just needed practice and to see other material. I must have gone through all problems at lest 3 times from both Hiner and EET book. Good luck 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IwantthatPE said:

The spring 2019 is almost exactly the same as fall 2018 the difference is it has one additional quiz for a total of 4 and a full 55 question practice test. 

Okay. That's actually different than Fall 2015 version I had that only has chapter problems and half of a practice exam (30 questions). Might be worth the $130 to get the latest version then. 

2 hours ago, Maycha said:

I am debating if I should just get EET books and self study instead of getting the entire course. Problems solving vs lots of video watching time and also problems solving. I scored deficient on almost all categories so I am just afraid I missed the big concepts entirely. Ugh..

I'd get at least EET's CBT exam set. It comes with 3 or 5 CBT exams that you can practice on its website. But as i suggested on other thread, it's better to stick with one method so you won't confuse between 2 instructors. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maycha said:

Did you re-watch all the videos again and repeated all of the homework when you studied the second time around? I guess I am curious is how exactly you used the same material to improve on it? Or what did you do extra second time around? And another question, with Hiner book you still used ASCE7-10 too right?

I did not Rewatch all of the videos. I thought that the videos were long and took away too much study time. And yes, I used ASCE 7-10. I wrote down the types of problems that I knew I did not do well on ASAP after I took the first attempt. Then focused a lot on what I needed to work on. Mainly chapters 4-9. I really think that Hiner has everything you need to succeed, but also if you feel you need more, do it! You'll get there! good luck! 

• Like 1